Injectors - Best Deal right now

Mike8675309

I'm on the search for 42lb injectors and I haven't seen any posts about deals in a while.

Anyone have some recommendations for the best deal on injectors right now?

Using an old post I see that at this site I can get 6 Delphi/Lucas 42lb injectors for around $225 USD. http://www.racetronix.com/621031.html

Is Lucas a good injector to go with, or should I try and hunt down some 42lb Lightning injectors?

Thanks

You keep posting about this diversified place but no links which does no one any good.

A Lightning MAF is about worthless on our cars. As far as I know racetronix is the best place to get 42lb injectors. I've not seen any problems with any of the 42lb injectors so just go for the best price.

O.k. so Bosh vs Lucas. Any reason why one would be better than the other for reliability, longevity? Personal preference?

This is more for a street car that likes to play on the weekends than an all out racer.

Mike8675309 said:
O.k. so Bosh vs Lucas. Any reason why one would be better than the other for reliability, longevity? Personal preference?
Bosch for sure. They are rated 42 lb/hr@stock Ford fuel pressure, the Lucas are rated at 43.5 PSI.

Paul

The comments on that website for the Bosh ones had me a little nervous. Basically it sounded like those ones had been tweaked and may or may not still be the 42lb type. Or are they just blowing smoke?

Kit contains eight high flow rate fuel injectors, specially designed for race applications. These injectors work best with air meters with revised calibrations that have been specially trimmed for high flow rates (Does not apply to M-9593-C302) or use with Extreme Performance Engine Control. Not recommended for stock applications. To be used with recalibrated Hi-Flo Mass Air Sensors only.Not legal for sale or use on pollution-controlled motor vehicles.

I know you are talking about the 42lb injectors in this thread but I'm just curious...
Tell me how much difference are between 42lb and 38lb? Yes I know 42lb are bigger but is the difference so big indeed!?

By the way where can I get those 38lbs in reasonable price....?

Mike8675309 said:
The comments on that website for the Bosh ones had me a little nervous. Basically it sounded like those ones had been tweaked and may or may not still be the 42lb type. Or are they just blowing smoke?
It's just marketing. Those are the same injectors as used in the L. Chris Mendola's 95 went 12.88@107.9 on those injectors.

Paul

I'm pretty sure he means that unless you've done some head work and a new cam grind, a SC motor with M90 moving enough air to need a 90mm MAF is highly unlikely.

Back