eec tuner

Tin-Knocker105

I want to buy a EEC tuner off the boards, and was wondering if there were any tips on buying one.
Are there older models out there that aren't good on the 89/93 SC's
Do I really need one????

Here's whats on my Car right now
Late model Supercharger
Raised Top
Ported inlet plenum
75mm BBK
76 mm C&l maf
Solid Motor mounts
New plat. plugs
new O2 sensors
Mac intake
highflow cats
flowmaster cat/back system
underdrive pulleys
stock AOD tranny

Here's what i will have shortly
Late model Supercharger
Raised Top
Ported inlet plenum
85mm Magnum TB
87mm Pro M maf (Set for 42 lb injectors)
Solid Motor mounts
New plat. plugs
new O2 sensors
Magnum Powers cold divider/ inlet tube
And i have either 36lb or 42lb injectoer to pput in there also
255lph fuel pump
new filter
highflow cats
flowmaster cat/back system
underdrive pulleys
stock AOD tranny

I don't drive like a teenager (cause i'm 50) but i doo like to cruise at 80 or so if traffic is flowing close to that.
But i do like smoking the tires once in a while, or flying off the light when some douche trys to pull me.
i've been doing my home work. I was looking for a AFPR but learned that you really don't need one with what i got.

Thanks for The Help

tony

Last edited:
You need some sort of tuning device. I'd look for a simple WB02 also. An EEC tuner is just about worthless without one.

OK does anybody think i need 42lb injectors or will 36lb'ers do, just had them serviced too.
And about the wide band 02 any sugestions on where to get one. i think i saw a couple on a site that sold Pro M maf's
I got a line on a eec tuner for $200 Should i Get it?
Thanks
Tony

my tuner really made my car rip but i must have got the wrong one it only lasted a few months , just hooking a voltmeter to my stock 02 sensor worked for me i could tell how it was running i leaned it out a lot with the tuner it really helped i wanna get another one

Back