pulley pushed on to far?

darriantbird

I did a seach and found no info on this so here goes. I installed a 5% pulley replacing my 10%(yes I have done this before successfully already) and I used the snout nut to finish pushing it on after getting as far as I could tapping it with a rubber malet. when I finish tightening It I tried to spin it by hand and it was hard to turn. Can these things be pushed on too far or ,as I thought previously, have a notch that seats it from going too far? :confused:

I thought that there was a keyway with a notch that stopped it from going on any further. You might have damaged something when you were tapping it on with the hammer. Mine turned very freely after I installed it.

BT Motorsports said:
You may have pushed the shaft through the drive causing it to bottom against the coupler from hitting it.

Paul
That sound s about right Paul I did not think of that ,Now that its on I'll try a small tap the other way.I have used this method before with no ill affects (putting on the old 10%)

darriantbird said:
That sound s about right Paul I did not think of that ,Now that its on I'll try a small tap the other way.I have used this method before with no ill affects (putting on the old 10%)
If that is in fact the case, I would definitely change the snout bearings.

Paul

BT Motorsports said:
If that is in fact the case, I would definitely change the snout bearings.

Paul
Well I grabed on to the pulley and turn it a couple of times by hand ,whad ya kno spun free put the belt on no noise rattle and noplay before putting on the belt or after. 13 bls of boost alls well for now :p

Back