boost...

Journer

talking about a 94/95 sc...

how much boost can a stock SC engine handle? how much boost (better yet how much % over stock) can the stock supercharger handle?

what kind of gains could be expected from....

full 3.5" (no cats) exhaust, LT headers, 3.5" intake, 87mm tb and MAF, raised top, and 15% pully...maybe throw in a bigger fuel pump if needed, etc.

thanks
:)

Send a PM to Damon, 1994SC, he was telling me how he ran 19psi on his sc with the stock headgaskets and they never blew up untill 100k miles when he decided to rebuild the motor. I think its all on luck because I had a full exhaust, ic fan, radiator fan was on all the time, and stock intake, the headgaskets still blew at 126k miles and this was on a 1994SC

x182dan said:
Send a PM to Damon, 1994SC, he was telling me how he ran 19psi on his sc with the stock headgaskets and they never blew up untill 100k miles when he decided to rebuild the motor. I think its all on luck because I had a full exhaust, ic fan, radiator fan was on all the time, and stock intake, the headgaskets still blew at 126k miles and this was on a 1994SC

how bout with aftermarket head gaskets :D?

Its not boost that blows the headgaskets it's the heat. If you run 19psi on an M90 on a stock IC you will blow a HG eventually unless you had MLS or cometic. I don't know how durable felpros are with heat, but they're alot better than stock.

If it can handle 18 psi with an autorotor no problem, then don't worry about it at all.

...hmmmm....I always thought it was detonation that destroyed the hgs'.....but then what do I know,I'm just a dumb *** white boy.

Well it does because detonation is really hot. Headgaskets can blow with heat less than detonation.

what if i just put some ice in the engine bay >.> lol....

ok...so basically with some aftermarket headgaskets i could be pushing 19psi with good cooling and whatnot...

so how much boost does an m90 push out stock on the SC...and if i'm not mistaken, a 10% od pully and a 5% jackshaft should give you a gain of around 7psi. right?

thanks

Back