Can a polished TB be bead blasted back to a satin finish?

sizemoremk

I just got a 75mm professional products TB off of ebay, never installed! I didn't think about it being polished when I bid on it...

But I got it for 112 shipped :D

I'm trying to keep it looking stock, and don't really want the TB to be the only shinny item under the hood...

Could I just bead blast it for a satin look???

Does anyone have a satin one they want to swap with me?

Thanks!

Polish is just a coating. Beadblasting will rid of the polish, chrome, paint, whatever. Diff kinds of bead blasting get diff results, textures, and looks.

sizemoremk said:
I just got a 75mm professional products TB off of ebay, never installed! I didn't think about it being polished when I bid on it...

But I got it for 112 shipped :D

I'm trying to keep it looking stock, and don't really want the TB to be the only shinny item under the hood...

Could I just bead blast it for a satin look???

Does anyone have a satin one they want to swap with me?

Thanks!

Man that was cheap TB!! Lucky you! :D

ITHURTZ said:
Polish is just a coating. Beadblasting will rid of the polish, chrome, paint, whatever. Diff kinds of bead blasting get diff results, textures, and looks.

Polish isn't a coating, chrome is, but polish is just a really spooth surface...

I just want to know if I am more likely to screw it up by bead basting on it....

thanks!

well thats what I ment. A coating of smoothness :)

Wouldnt screw it up unless you blasted where your not suposed to, like the inside, and sensor area.

I'm thinking I could tape up the openings, and such, and blast it.

I am just worried that I woud screw it up....

Back