$1200 Starter

acb92sc

I Know- There's Gotta Be A Story Behind This---

So I Came To Work, And Everything Is Fine, I Go To Leave For Lunch And --click-- Nothing. So I Know I Had A Spare Somewhere Around The House, And I Didnt Have $100 For A New One. My Buddy Lent Me His Wrx To Go Get It. I Downshifted To 2nd, And It Stuck And Bang-- No 2nd Gear!!! So Now Im Responsible For The Majority Of A 1500 Tranny, And Worst Of All-- I Had To Buy The $100 Starter Cause I Couldnt Find Mine. Murphy's Law...............

acb92sc said:
I Know- There's Gotta Be A Story Behind This---

So I Came To Work, And Everything Is Fine, I Go To Leave For Lunch And --click-- Nothing. So I Know I Had A Spare Somewhere Around The House, And I Didnt Have $100 For A New One. My Buddy Lent Me His Wrx To Go Get It. I Downshifted To 2nd, And It Stuck And Bang-- No 2nd Gear!!! So Now Im Responsible For The Majority Of A 1500 Tranny, And Worst Of All-- I Had To Buy The $100 Starter Cause I Couldnt Find Mine. Murphy's Law...............

That's a damn shame....i don't want to assume anything, but did you move around the starter wire before deciding it was a bad starter? The stock starter wires on our cars are only clips and the contacts can easily be corroded and not start. it would be even more of a shame if that's all you had to do....

when i put the trunk mount battery in, new cables went everywhere, including these. Unfortunately it was a no go on the cheap n' easy.

Live and learn, or die trtying i guess?

Back