Fourth gear scratch.

seawalkersee

You read it right...For the first time in the car I was totally impressed by it. Yesterday while I was going to work, I stopped at the light at junction highways. The one I was turning onto is divided. I looked ahead and the light was red (meaning the northbound traffic from the other Hwy. was green) and lookedd to the left. All of that traffic was stopped. Long story short I started my turn and when I looked back stright a van was doing a u-turn around the mediun.

I short shifted into second and was not impressed by the measley tire spin. When I hit third it barked. This was pretty good cause the night before it was running kinda crappy. I ran it all the way through third and powershifted into forth and "Chirp". I couldnt believe it! I just chirped the tires at approximately 75! Its not liked I have drag radials but the road was dry and I chirped them.

Later I began to smell exhaust when I was going about 30. I realized that my crappy restrictive exhaust was actually causing a lot of HP loss. When I was stomping on it I think I finally blew apart a gasket.

Question it all you want. I know what the car did. The car needs to have its boltons updated to catch up with the engine. It gets crap for gas milage because it is not tuned. I cant tune it until I upgrade my intake components...You see my delima. I am however now...certain, for lack of a better word, that I am going to keep the car.

Chris

4th gear scratch.. nice (I think)... but where's the technical part? Or did you mean to post in Non-Tech?

-Andy "Melon"

So did you recently build a new bottom end for it or something?

I had my trans rebuilt and was certain I would sell the car if it wouldn't get 3rd gear rubber. It does. I don't do it much since it's probably not good on my clutch. But it gets 2nd gear rubber really easy!

The car is basically the way it was when I bought it about a year ago. It has all the factory stuff on the outside with the exception of a zx intake pipe. I even have the factory t-body. I am going to send the money to a guy for a 94+ blower this month. As far as the internals of the thing I am not totally sure. It has like a .444 cam and 1.7 rockers (thats what the guy said). It has a set of the Kooks 3/4s on it but the rest of the exhaust is crap. I am not even sure how it happened but sure as I am typing this it scratched at 75ish. I will get the new flywheel here pretty quick and I am going to have an upgraded clutch. I am trying to keep the exhaust as is for now until I can get the new radiator to satisfy my cooling gremlins. Oh and it has 3.55s out back. I am sure there is more stuff but I can not think of it at the time being. The problem with the car is its hit and miss when it runs like that. More often then not it is just average. Every onece in a blue moon it is hitting good on all six and will suprise even me.

I was talking to a buddy with a 96 cobra. He is like just under 700 at the wheels before he hits the squeeze. He tunes his own stuff. I only see him now and again but last night we started talking about his software. I was unsure about my abilities at first but as soon as he started talking about what he does with his fuel trim I started seriously considering buying the tweeker system to start doing my stuff.

Chris

Back