Mark VIII parts questions

osucarguy

Ok, I have a 93 Mark VIII, complete car, but wrecked. What parts can I take off of this and put on a 90 SC to gain a little. I've heard the front brakes are an upgrade. What about the rear? And how is it done. Also, I've heard something about the driveshaft. Anyone have any tips as to what I can do here to make the SC as good as possible? Thanks, James

The driveshaft, differential housing and lower rear control arms are all made of aluminum, unlike the steel ones on the Tbird, and all will save modest amounts of weight.

blackout50 said:
Will the Mark VIII driveshaft be a bolt in replacement on my 93 5spd SC

I believe the driveshaft will only fit the 94-95 SC with Auto trans, it definately will not bolt into your car.

You will also want the front spindles from the Mark. If you have a 92 or earlier 'Bird you will need the spindles to do any brake upgrades. Also, get all the fasteners with the rear control arms and keep them with the arms. You'll need them to install on your car. That upper rear control arm bolt is also special and is used for rear alignmet adjustments. It is the same on as on your car, but you cannot get that bolt from Ford anymore, so it would make a useful spare or something you could sell.

Back