Well this is the question.

Hoffman90SC

I have my engine turn down and the block went in to be checked and cleaned. Pistions appeared to be good but after a lot of wire brushing and carbon dust I found a stress fracture at the injection point in the reverse dome on the #1 piston. I want some info on some forged pistons. Coy miller has some but I'd have to bore almost .040 and I don't want to. Of course if that being the only option I'll have to. So if you guys have any lead on some info or parts let me know would you.

.020 over bore

Hoffman90SC said:
I have my engine turn down and the block went in to be checked and cleaned. Pistions appeared to be good but after a lot of wire brushing and carbon dust I found a stress fracture at the injection point in the reverse dome on the #1 piston. I want some info on some forged pistons. Coy miller has some but I'd have to bore almost .040 and I don't want to. Of course if that being the only option I'll have to. So if you guys have any lead on some info or parts let me know would you.

Our pistons are for .020 overbore (3.831). I don't recomend any more than .030 and only if a have to case. The blocks are too thin as it is.

Hope this helps, Coy Miller.

Coy Miller said:
Our pistons are for .020 overbore (3.831). I don't recomend any more than .030 and only if a have to case. The blocks are too thin as it is.

Hope this helps, Coy Miller.

Ops sorry man, I guess I mic'd my pistons wrong. If I used your set would I get away with using a stock rod, not that I'd want to but I'm trying to get away from altering my block.

Back