PDA

View Full Version : car making loud pitch whining sound

aplvlydrtybird
04-08-2005, 01:49 PM
so i get my car back together, and it makes this really loud annoying sound....but it goes away when there is load on the car...i had to take my magnaport 2 off cause it just seized on me....now i have the stock blower back on and it still makes the same noise...~~~.....anyone know whats happening...im thinking it has something to do with the by-pass valve...am i wrong

David Neibert
04-08-2005, 02:02 PM
so i get my car back together, and it makes this really loud annoying sound....but it goes away when there is load on the car...i had to take my magnaport 2 off cause it just seized on me....now i have the stock blower back on and it still makes the same noise...~~~.....anyone know whats happening...im thinking it has something to do with the by-pass valve...am i wrong

Sounds like the bypass valve is stuck in the closed position. Mine did that and it ended up being that the vacuum hose had fallen off the bypass valve actuator.

David

aplvlydrtybird
04-08-2005, 02:57 PM
the valve seems to be working, i can move it back and forth, and the vacuum hose is on, tried it without too, ive taken it apart 3 times in the last week, and im 99% sure its all put together right, does that valve actuator just fail like that, it goes away when i have load on it

quick35th
04-08-2005, 07:33 PM
Have you checked for vac leaks? Does the sound you are discribing kinda sound like a jet engine?

Shane

aplvlydrtybird
04-08-2005, 08:04 PM
Have you checked for vac leaks? Does the sound you are discribing kinda sound like a jet engine?

Shane

yes, it does sound like a jet engine, until its gets going with the throttle on while driving, but if i let off it starts up again...ive been searchign for leaks all day, havent found anything yet

quick35th
04-08-2005, 08:20 PM
yes, it does sound like a jet engine, until its gets going with the throttle on while driving, but if i let off it starts up again...ive been searchign for leaks all day, havent found anything yet

Have you checked your supercharger top or the intake plenum? I once had the same problem on my first 35th. I made a home made gasket for the top because for some reason I thought there should be one there... so one day the gasket blew out right under the spanner nut after I had just reached terminal velocity. It actually sounded really cool but made the car run like crap. Check it out and report back.

Shane

aplvlydrtybird
04-10-2005, 01:47 PM
there was a bolt loose ont he return plenum, and it ripped the gasket, fixed it now the noise is gone, thanks for the help guys