sunfires and cavaliers

Kyler

honest to god, everywhere you look across north america more and more people are driving sunfires and cavaliers, add some z24 and gt and people think it's a autocross and dragtime. I hate them, some one please tell me something that can make my supercharged 90' Cougar a gain over a former friends 97 sunfire GT. He thinks he's hot cause apparently he will smoke me around town when i get it out of the shop, what happened to the 70's where cubic inches were king :(

Kyler said:
honest to god, everywhere you look across north america more and more people are driving sunfires and cavaliers, add some z24 and gt and people think it's a autocross and dragtime. I hate them, some one please tell me something that can make my supercharged 90' Cougar a gain over a former friends 97 sunfire GT. He thinks he's hot cause apparently he will smoke me around town when i get it out of the shop, what happened to the 70's where cubic inches were king :(

your getting smoked by a sunfire? wtf? a throw away 4 banger with no power?

ThePikey said:
your getting smoked by a sunfire? wtf? a throw away 4 banger with no power?
hahaha, some one on here has the quote "doesnt it bother you that my toilet displaces more than your ricer?" or something like that.

matteo said:
hahaha, some one on here has the quote "doesnt it bother you that my toilet displaces more than your ricer?" or something like that.

no he hasn't, he's saying "he will"

Don't worry, there are plenty of kids at school that "THINK" their cavi's and sunfires will smoke anything. There's this one really dumb guy, his parent are loaded, and he buys a sunfire and "pimps" it out, it looks horrible. With the kind of money that guy has, he cant build a car, just like he can't fight (ooopps, that slipped :D ) But he always talks **** about the SC since i've spun a rod , but he doesnt know what a rod is, so it shouldnt count. So I cant wait to get it back on the road, next week.. I HOPE, and show these silly kids up at school. They always have their hoods up at lunch time, leave the parking lot spinning one front wheel. It's not as cool as me taking the turn sideways and having everybody look at me like i'm superman ;) ;) . But I think they are just jelous of the SC's power, cause there 4-banger can't do anything.

drummerzrok24 said:
Don't worry, there are plenty of kids at school that "THINK" their cavi's and sunfires will smoke anything. There's this one really dumb guy, his parent are loaded, and he buys a sunfire and "pimps" it out, it looks horrible. With the kind of money that guy has, he cant build a car, just like he can't fight (ooopps, that slipped :D ) But he always talks **** about the SC since i've spun a rod , but he doesnt know what a rod is, so it shouldnt count. So I cant wait to get it back on the road, next week.. I HOPE, and show these silly kids up at school. They always have their hoods up at lunch time, leave the parking lot spinning one front wheel. It's not as cool as me taking the turn sideways and having everybody look at me like i'm superman ;) ;) . But I think they are just jelous of the SC's power, cause there 4-banger can't do anything.

just remember most races are won and loss at the line...

A few races i've done, on private property, i have lost off the line, but as soon as the SC hit 2nd, I was ahead of them. But it was my first time racing, so my reaction time was pretty bad im guessing, cause my buddy in his mom's intrepid launched faster then I did, and the roads were wet too that day. But I beat him as soon as 2nd came.

My girlfriend has a 96 Z24 auto. I can dust it in my 5-speed and my stock auto 90. We ran them last week. She got the jump off the line but I nosed ahead as first gear was running out, then once in second and 3rd I continued to pull away. If I had tires that would grip it'd be embarassing.

We raced in my 5-speed also, I was wheel hopping like a son of a bitch but once I got traction same thing, only this time I flew by like she had put her Z24 in park.

i have a friend that back in the day he always talked **** with his z24 cavy. with mods the fastest time he ran at the track was 16 seconds flat which is still slower then a stock sc. because of him cavy's are my favorite thing to destroy at stop lights and probably always will be.

Back