T-56 in the SC?

LIL QIK

Ok guys.......first I apologize for being the new guy here and before you jump all over me for asking this.........please know that I did do a search and surprisingly there doesn't seem to be a lot of talk about it........so here goes.

I miss the 6 speed out of my 02 SS Camaro........but I'm an SC owner now. I want to replace my 5 speed with a T56 and was curious if anyone has done it here or tried to do it. Please advise me to problems that may have come up and such.

My 5 speed will be needing a rebuild pretty soon along with the clucth. So I'd rather just replace it with the T-56.

I've read somewhere that the T5 is actually shorter than the 5 speed in the SC...........but the T-56 is longer than the T5..........

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

This thread should help out quite a bit.

6-speed swap

I am going to put an LS-1 T-56 in my car also but it is the 4.6. MarksM has an SC that he is putting the 6-speed in so you can take what he posts as exactly how you would put one in your car.

Russell

Keep us posted....that woudl be very interesting to see. I remember reading a long time ago about one guy doing it....but he said he woudl NEVER do it again b/c of the amount of modificatiosn he had to do.

Definitely keep you updated..........I gotta have my 6 speed back........this 5 speed that's in my SC feels so primitive now that I've had the 6. Plus it makes having 3.73's, 4.10's and even the 4.56's so daily driveable it's not even funny.

CaifanSC said:
Keep us posted....that woudl be very interesting to see. I remember reading a long time ago about one guy doing it....but he said he woudl NEVER do it again b/c of the amount of modificatiosn he had to do.

I believe his screen name was 6spdbird or something close to that.

Shane

Back