Jenro's

mcate

Hey gang, I went to Jenro's this evening & it was going pretty good. Quite a lot of cars there, probably at least half of the parking spaces filled. It was chilly & windy, but the turnout was still ok. And it's just going to get better from here on...........

nickleman60 said:
is jenro's a every friday thing? any sc's out there?

Every Saturday, starting at around 4:30 & running to 9 or so. No SC's tonight, but Z, Anthony, & myself are regulars there once it gets going again.

Was there from 6:30-7:00pm..... And yes it was cold. The turn out was still pretty goood. What time were you there Mike?

Brando

Brando B said:
Was there from 6:30-7:00pm..... And yes it was cold. The turn out was still pretty goood. What time were you there Mike?

Brando

I was there from 4:30 to about 6. I left since I didn't know anyone, & since the wife works right up the road at Good Wood Furniture, & she got off work at 6.

mcate said:
Every Saturday, starting at around 4:30 & running to 9 or so. No SC's tonight, but Z, Anthony, & myself are regulars there once it gets going again.

Hey I'm a regular too.

What is Jenro's? bar and grill? I would like to meet some fellow SC'ers out here. I can try to get off of work around 5ish or 6ish and stop by. Where is it located? and how do i get there?

Stephen

89SCK@t said:
What is Jenro's? bar and grill? I would like to meet some fellow SC'ers out here. I can try to get off of work around 5ish or 6ish and stop by. Where is it located? and how do i get there?

Stephen

..corner of Independence Blvd and Haygood Rd in Va Beach,just past Bayside Hosp.......follow the signs to 264.....take N.Independece Blvd[Pembroke Area] exit....stay on Indep.Blvd ..will be in Haygood SC on the left just past Bayside Hosp...across from Sonic.

z90sc said:
..corner of Independence Blvd and Haygood Rd in Va Beach,just past Bayside Hosp.......follow the signs to 264.....take N.Independece Blvd[Pembroke Area] exit....stay on Indep.Blvd ..will be in Haygood SC on the left just past Bayside Hosp...across from Sonic.

School ends in 3 weeks. I'll definitely be seeing you guys there.

Obviously the SC thing didn't work out, but i have an interesting project going.

I'm slowly changing my v6 mustang over to a V8.

Things done so far:
I put in an 8.8 rear (solid axle) with 4.10's and good aftermarket adjustable control arms.

I bought GT take off exhaust with flowmaster 40's.

I just picked up 2004 GT rims/tires

I grabbed Ford C springs as well

I'll be using the AOD with shift kit from my thunderbird SC.

Then, eventually i'll purchase a busted up GT and transfer the engine over. Should be sweet when done :)

(that's my buddy shane in the pic)

Attachments

• Rear1.JPG
    Rear1.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 62
  • Rear2.JPG
    Rear2.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0396.JPG
    IMG_0396.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_0395.JPG
    IMG_0395.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 67
  • img00003.jpg
    img00003.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Whats wrong with your SC?

Oh and Jenro's is 1085 Independence Blvd. Map quest it, its not hard to find if you know its in the shopping center. If you go down Haygood a short ways there is MAS Racing Development, but they are mostly Mustang stuff.

mcate said:
Yeah, but you never drive your SC!

I might. You never know what I'll show up in. I've even drove the SHO out there a couple times. My SC is at Bowditch getting fixed right now. It won't be painted at first. But as soon as the painter gets a free weekend it will be painted too.

Scott Long said:
Whats wrong with your SC?

Oh and Jenro's is 1085 Independence Blvd. Map quest it, its not hard to find if you know its in the shopping center. If you go down Haygood a short ways there is MAS Racing Development, but they are mostly Mustang stuff.

HB went, which wasn't serious but it took the crank keyway with it. Sucked

Scott Long said:
wouldn't it be easier to swap an engine than to convert a stang?

Yea but the stang was my first car and i'm attached to it. It already has a good stereo set up in it that i don't want to swap over.

Plus it's a good amount lighter.

Why not put an SC motor in the stang w/ a front mount and have the best of both worlds? Everyone and their mom has a V8 Stang. I mean yeah they can go fast, but still. I just like being different and not seeing 900 of the same cars when I cruise in. But I still like stangs, and since they don't make SC's anymore I think my next car will be a stang, and good luck with the swap.

Scott Long said:
Why not put an SC motor in the stang w/ a front mount and have the best of both worlds? Everyone and their mom has a V8 Stang. I mean yeah they can go fast, but still. I just like being different and not seeing 900 of the same cars when I cruise in. But I still like stangs, and since they don't make SC's anymore I think my next car will be a stang, and good luck with the swap.

Trust me i had the idea for a while. I could swap the SC on to my car with 143,000 miles, or rebuild the SC engine. Neither seemed all that great.

I would love to have that powerplant in the car though. 5.0 should make me happy though. Sounds great as well.

Yeah I think the 5.0 and 4.6 are some of the best sounding engines on the market. The LT-1 and LS-1 sound like garbage when you open up the exhaust, but not the fords.

Back