2005 Mustang GT

mn12freak

Saw him at a light where a local road becomes a highway. A bronze 2005 Mustang GT with chrome rims and dark tint. I knew anyone with a GT and style would want to show what it had :]

He was behind a truck in the right lane, I had the left to myself. When the light changed I took off smartly and waited at about 60 mph for him to catch up. He was coming up pretty hard, so right before he passed I dropped into third and gunned it, now the day before I had rebuilt my shifter (bushings and boots and new componants) so I was feeling pretty confident. To my supreme satisfaction, I actually immediately stopped his gaining and started to creep out on him!!!! (My car is completely stock guys) Anyway I heard him giving it everything it had and just when I thought it was all mine he started creeping again at around 90 mph, at 110 he blew past at a good clip. He wasn't playing with me, but we know who has the faster car in the end anyway :] (is it him? lol)

I doubt he was trying. The new Mustang GTs are good for about 13.5-13.7s or so stock. I really doubt your SC, however fast it may be stock, is able to keep up. Are you sure it wasn't a V6? Those run about equivalent to a stock SC time.

I knew this post was coming

Ok, forgive me if I seem brash...

I have experience with the 4.6 liter mill in the Mustang GT (I have one), and granted the new ones have the 5.4 liter heads with three valves per cylinder, but I know what that V8 sounds like when its wide open. Also, as far as the V6 question... I'm just going to politely act like you didnt ask me that... lol.

I'm 23 years old, not the oldest but I am what you may refer to as a gearhead who is addicted to street racing, and I've been doing it almost nonstop since 16, I know my cars pretty well. It is my very solid opinion he was trying, and it took him some decent time to pass me (I never claimed to have won anything, we just gave it a run and I got left), and I just stuck the story here so that you guys could enjoy it. Also, don't fall in awe of the mustang yet, sure it's new, it's nice, it's fast. But quarter mile times don't tell the entire story of a car's powerband and where it's sweet spots are. I happen to know the GT's do 0-60 in 5.2 or so, and top out at 149, with only one hundred more horses and LESS torque. Why do you think I raced it from sixty and not twenty?

I know what I'm talking about on this one :]

i beat one this past saturday from a stop. only put about 3/4 of a car on him but was pulling him at the top of 3rd when he left off. then he asked me if my car was turbo hahaha

its true what he's saying, that GT may be able to blow an SC away from a dig, but some cars just got nothin up top. I raced a 2005 stang yesterday, only a v6 though. some hott shot with his gf, i saw him look at his gf and say "watch this" so i grinned and waited for the light to go green. it went green and i got a good launch, put his front bumper at my rear tire, with a low pitched tire squeel all the way thru first, RAILED second gear without taking my foot off the gas and fish tailed.....sounded like a recording of tire squeel and then someone cranked the volume when i hit second haha....he wouldn't look at me at the next light, but his girlfriend kept leaning foward and looking at me and smiling...haha good times :)

Back