Feels Like I Am Never Gonna Finish...

darkstar_one

Ah yes... Very dissapointed... i walk into my garage and i see my SC's engine on the engine stand... just sitting there... I sit next to it... And begin to wonder if i am ever gonna finish her... It just feels like she will never be able to be turned over again. Maybe not by the starter with me hitting the ignition. Its just that god damn. Things are just happening right now. I dont have time for anything anymore. I wanna get the seal for the supercharger but damn Kragen Auto will ship in 5 days. And it is still not a gaurantee they will get it. I wanna order it from TEXAS THUNDERBIRDS but damn i am hearing that WYNN is very busy and still wont recieve it in about 2 weeks. I replaced the rack and pinion but i know ima have more problems with that because i know for damn sure i didnt tighten the lines enough. but that will have to wait until the juice starts to flow through there again.

I am also converting to a 5 speed. I have the wrong flywheel... Have to wait to recieve the right flywheel... Thats if they even shipped it. Hopefully they didnt run off with my money.

Maybe its that i dont have my priorities straight? I feel like i am spread all over the place. I have been working more hours then any damn person would tolerate. Hell i think the poor people on the fields have it easier then me right now. I think i dont have my priorites straight right now... Just dont know what to do anymore...

Anyone felt like giving up on anything before??? Then with these high gas prices makes me wonder if i should even finish??? I need to do some serious drinking i mean thinking....

Yeah I do know what you mean man. I to feel at times that I over extend myself way to much as if I am being pulled from all dirrections and I dont give myself any time for the things I want to do. I am always helping other people with their problems... dont get me wrong there is nothing wrong with this I actually enjoy helping my friends out with their cars or whatever. Like for example I told Bill Evanoff a while back that I would help him put new motor mounts on his car so when he asked me earlier this week if I could do the mounts on saturday so he could drive it to the Dayton meet... I agreed so thats what I did today was put motor mounts on his car. Its just seems like I need to get my priorities straight as well. I need to save some serious cash so I can dump some money into my 5.0 swap project because I really want to see that project get doen soon.

Shane

I hav eyear long projects going on...Never really give up...Just postpone...

Now with any project you need to know whats involved and if youre willing to make that sacrafice...Or if its really what you want to begin with

Don't feel bad.
Here this should cheer you up.

This is a picture of a $3000 short block, just sitting in my garage...
Got a box of stuff to go with it too....
Haven't even started the heads yet....
And i need a Car to put it in.....
I'm looking to Cherry Pick another super clean Calif car.....

Any hobby costs money ...ours is very expensive...
Thats just the Facts
Your in a slump
When you get it up and Runnin you'll be the coolest kid in Compton

Attachments

• 100_0565.JPG
    100_0565.JPG
    155.9 KB · Views: 145
Here is where mine has been sitting and will be sitting for a long time.
My want for the car has lead me down a long road of tring to find one of the original owners so I can get the title in my name. Untill then she sits with unknown fate as I try to find people. This car was bought and sold atleast
8 times with most of them title skipping including the guy who sighned it last.
Trying to find this under age guy is like finding a needle in a haystack.
If I can`t find him it looks like I will be selling some parts. :(

Attachments

• DVC00018.JPG
    DVC00018.JPG
    138.9 KB · Views: 129
Yup, thats about how i feel, but i still have that feeling inside me of what its gonna be like to drive this summer. Its that feeling that keeps me sane :eek: Here is my car as it sits this morning, hopefully we get to pull the motor out today and then sometime this week have it sent down to my builder :) its been off the road for 6 months already :(

EDIT: Update...productive day today, me and a buddy got 'er out/ :D

Attachments

• tbirdhoodpopped1.jpg
    tbirdhoodpopped1.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 106
  • motorout.jpg
    motorout.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
scbird1 said:
Here is where mine has been sitting and will be sitting for a long time.
My want for the car has lead me down a long road of tring to find one of the original owners so I can get the title in my name. Untill then she sits with unknown fate as I try to find people. This car was bought and sold atleast
8 times with most of them title skipping including the guy who sighned it last.
Trying to find this under age guy is like finding a needle in a haystack.
If I can`t find him it looks like I will be selling some parts. :(

hey dude... about ur title... my girl works at the dmv and we had this car that my dad got as a gift with a no title... we asked them what we needed at the dmv to get a title and they told us we needed a STATEMENT OF FACTS from the guy who sold it to you and we needed to present it to the CALIFORNIA HIGHWAY PATROL for inspection to find out if the car is in original condition and so on. Well anywho the statement of facts is just a written statement that the guy who sold it to you needs to fill out stating that he doesnt have a title and so on. Once that is over then you get a brand new title. Maybe they have something like that in your state?

anywho thanks dudes... you guys have cheered me up... i have noticed that this car is very expensive to work on... but i think its worth it... Then again were else am i gonna find a car with the same stuff my SC has... I guess i will just have to have patience and proceed one step at a time and try not to rush everything... But damn it was crazy.. what i thought was a simple head gasket job has turned out to be alot now! lol... with the motor mounts and the re-seal and whole 5 speed conversion... oh well my friends here are also cheering me on and helping me when they can... they love my SC alot and they like to roll everywhere with me in it... just will have to wait... i will make a lil video the first time i crank it... and show it to you guys... and after i break in the clutch and stuff... i will do also a video of a burn out... well thanks alot dudes... and seems im not the only one in this kind of situation.. :rolleyes: just sometimes feel alone.... :eek:

darkstar_one said:
oh well my friends here are also cheering me on and helping me when they can... they love my SC alot and they like to roll everywhere with me in it... just will have to wait... i will make a lil video the first time i crank it... and show it to you guys... and after i break in the clutch and stuff... i will do also a video of a burn out

Exactly man, too true...think i had about 7-9 people over when i was pulling it. helps alot :p

Now you guys know why im on #8. Once the car is up and running all in life is good once again.

Took me 2 1/2 years for all the crap on my build. If I waited for days when I thougt I had enough free time to really get something done I would have never finished it!

Every little bit helps. any spare half hour or hour crosses a little more of the "To do" list.

All i can say is don't give up on it..You will always have different things going on allat the same time.The main thing to do is do what has to be done first and go from there.Here is a no shi^ run of the mill last three weeks in my life....
1. tranny went out on me on the way home.
2. stove went out in my house.
3. dishwasher went out.the same damn day as the stove. :eek: .
4. septic tank decides to back (shi^)into all three of my showers.i have it pumped.
5. septic 2 weeks later backs up again.have it pumped again.found the problem and fixed it 2 grand later.
6. mother in-law moves in.end of story there.
7. try to get my house together because we are refinancing so i have to get it appraised so i have a lot of little jobs around the house to do.
8. get my tranny after spending a saturday driving to ohio to get it.do the rebuild and a week later i put it in myself and i won't shift out of first.And i worked on this car everynite sometimes till 1:00 in the morning trying to get it fixed.I work first shift and get up at 5:00 so i was going on no sleep there for the longest time.

It will get better.I know it's easy to say when your not sitting in your shoes or garage :p ,but look at all the shi^ i went through just over the past couple of weeks and that should be some good news.
Hell it seems like it's that way around here all the time.
I also have a wife,two kids (boys,15 & 11),two cats,two dogs and a mother in-law that are always needing something :( .
Cheer up and get your **** together :D :D :p .
Dave

Wow suddenly my life sounds wonderful. But then again I'm just a freeloader high-schooler. I work to afford my car but I certainly don't have the worries that you do. All I can say is stick with it because you'll never get back what you put into it. That's how I feel about my old Maverick...I spent all summer and then some doing body work, painting, engine work, junk yarding, custom fitting, and interior work not to mention working to pay for it all. In the end I got smashed up real good by a girl in a suburban while it was parked at school. All in all it took MONTHS to make it nice and only seconds to destroy. :( Its frustrating but looking back its what got me into cars, taught me a lot, and helped me start getting along with my dad a lot better.

I guess that was a little off subject but the point is don't quit now you've got the best ahead of you just do what you can and enjoy it (or think of all the enjoyment it will give you in the end). Oh and gas prices are going up but compared to the late 60's early 70's it's still just as much of a bargain. Besides the cost of buying a fuel-efficient car can take years to pay off in saved gas money. Hope this helps. :D

:p well... more good news today... got my engine back in... with the help of my mom... she helped me with the crane and the whole thingy...got some work done!... now the good part is finding all the bolts :confused: oh well.... this sun is giving me health problems.... always something... :eek:

Don't feel bad about your SC, I'm in the same boat. I started working on my car in May 03 to do some rust repairs, fit a fiberglass hood, 97 headlights, etc. with the intention of getting it done that summer. Well, it is now April 05 and the car is finally leaving my shop and getting sprayed.

Then, I'll just have to put it back together................ :eek:
I just want to drive it this summer.

Back