crankshaft sensor on a '89 SC

tonysupercoupe

Hello,

I got a bit of a problem with my crankshaft sensor.
I replaced the harmonic balancer because it broke of and while I was at it I pulled the whole motor out and replaced all the gaskets, and I put it all back together and installed the ballancer and the car started and it ran fine but for some noise that was coming from the balancer area, so I assumed it was the vanes catching on to the sensor, so i removed the sensor to see if there is any damage, well there was no damage but when I put the sensor back in, it was sticking out way too much, and I didn't notice it so I went to start the car and I took out the sensor :mad: .
For some reason the whole mounting bracket is sticking out way too far and no mather how many times I tried to instal the sensor it would still be too close to the vanes.
I have checked the vanes and they are in normal position, they are not bent or anything like that....I bought a new sensor and I dont want to destroy this one too so if anyone has experienced the same problem or if you have any suggestions what I should do that would be very apreciated...

Thanks in advance........

It can't stick out too far if the part is bolted to the bracket and the bracket is properly bolted to the engine.

Make sure the bracket hasn't gotten cocked and giving you a false impression of everything being tight.

Back