JackShaft and Water Pump bolts (need response)

Nettlesd

What size are the jackshaft and water pump bolts? I have a '95 if that makes a difference. I take it they are metric but I don't know what size to get. I would use my stock ones but, um, I don't have them so I can't use them.

Nettlesd said:
What size are the jackshaft and water pump bolts? I have a '95 if that makes a difference. I take it they are metric but I don't know what size to get. I would use my stock ones but, um, I don't have them so I can't use them.
The bolt cap is 10mm if that makes a difference. Thread pitch is common and used all over the place. You could use one of the coil pack mounting bolts as an example for thread pitch.

TbirdSCFan said:
You could use one of the coil pack mounting bolts as an example for thread pitch.

I tried that and it didn't work. It's the wrong thread pitch.

Anyone?

Duane, if you can wait until Monday, I'll check to see if the bolt specs are in the Ford hardware catalogue for those.

cheers
Ed N.

For my 89 they were the 5/16 x 24 about 3/4" long. As cougarsc said they are standard bolts. not metric in a SAE fine thread. This is for the jackshaft and water pump pulleys as the hubs on those are virtually identical.

Nettlesd said:
Thank guys, figures it's SAE and not metric.
Well whad-ya know.. Guess that explains why a few months back, I used an SAE thread chaser on an engine bolt. Danged if I can remember which one.. :confused: I couldn't explain why it fit when the metric chaser wouldn't. I've also had one occasion where a 1/2" socket fit better than 13mm. Those would be transmission housing bolts BTW. :rolleyes: The moral of this story I guess is keep both sets in the toolbox and use what fits the best.

Hey Ed or anyone else for that matter,

Do you know the O.D. and I.D. of that little hose that runs from the thermostat housing to the water pump? The little hose is probably 5-6 inches long.

Duane, if you are thinking of using a section of heater hose there, I wouldn't do it! Go with the formed hose made for that application.

George,

Nope, not doing that but I still would like to know the size of the hose.

Ed,

Do you know what size nut holds on the air dam cover (whatever you might call it)? It's a heavy black material that is underneath the radiator and attaches to two studs that are on a bar (sway bar maybe?). I need the nuts that go on the bar. The outer edges of the material attach with push pins towards the front wheel wells. I'm not sure what you call this thing but it's like a black mat material.

Duane,

Is the JB Weld still working? I'm not sure if it was totally dry before we started it up?? :confused:

Thomas

Nettlesd said:
Hey Ed or anyone else for that matter, Do you know the O.D. and I.D. of that little hose that runs from the thermostat housing to the water pump? The little hose is probably 5-6 inches long.
Thermostat housing to Water pump Bypass hose (curved radiator hose)

I bought mine at my local Advance Auto Parts. Cost me =$4.49

Part- #: Drive Rite - A71461 (See attached pic below)
My measurements:
Inner Diameter = 5/8"
Outer Diameter= 1"
Hose wall thickness= 3/16"
Length in its curved state, hose center to hose center= 3 5/8"
If it were straightened out it would measure, end to end= 8"

Click on part #'s to go to Advance's website.
Drive Rite - A71461
Listed as having a 1 year replacement warranty, web price=$4.49

Dayco - 71461 <-This is another option
Listed as having a 1 year limited warranty, higher hose strength, web price=$8.59
(Don't know exact dimensions on this one,
My local store only had the DriveRite avail. at the time.)

Attachments

• therm-wpump-hos.jpg
    therm-wpump-hos.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 45
Thomas A said:
Duane,

Is the JB Weld still working? I'm not sure if it was totally dry before we started it up?? :confused:

Thomas

Thomas,

Yes, the JB Weld did hold, actually, a little bit too much. Does anyone know how to get the pulleys back off once they have been JB Weld'ed on? Now that I have the correct bolts, I don't need the JB Weld anymore.

Back