302 engine for sale

blue94sc

I am cleaning out my garage and I I am selling a Ford 302 engine that is currently unassembled. The engine was disassembled to be balanced and bluprinted with additional work in mind. There is no damage from a blown headgasket, rod bearing, ...etc. This engine has been in storage for a few years but is in good shape. Here's the list:

The block is in good shape. It has been repainted and the oil galley coated for better oil return. It has been bored .030 over. The cam bearings are in good shape. The crank will probably need to be polished up or reground due to the surface rust on the journals. The rods have been shot peened, straightened, casting marks on the sides have been ground, and new high strength bolts installed. The pistons are newer TRW .030 over and in excellent shape. The cam is a Comp 31-226-3 with a grind number of 280H-10. It has a .512 lift and 280 duration. This cam made the engine lope nice! Hydraulic lifters. Newer pushrods with guide plates. CompCams roller tip rockers with 1.6 ratio. Screw in rocker studs with locking adjusters. Double roller timing chain. High volume oil pump. Dampened valve springs, keepers, washers. Cast iron heads need cleaned up. Edelbrock Torker II intake manifold and t-stat housing. Crank vibration dampner. Chrome valve covers. Mustang Oil pan.
I can get the casting numbers from the block and heads if requested.

I planned on finishing up with the rebuild for my '86 Mustang but sold the car. The work left to do is, re-hone the block to clean up. Have the heads hot tanked, checked (maybe milled just a few for clean up), and soft plugs installed. The crank needs repolished or machined to remove the surface rust from sitting. The valves need cleaned up or replaced. Piston rings, bearings, and gaskets.

This engine was in my brothers Capri and ran great with the combination of these parts. 5.0 GT's were no mach.

Due to the weight and size of this lot it is available for pickup or I can deliver it within 50 miles. I am locate in the Toledo, Ohio area.
If you live just outside send me an email and we could possibly meet halfway.
I was planning to put it up on eBay but would like to offer it to anyone interested in the SC community. If I part it out on eBay I can get around $600-700 but it's a pain. I would like it to stay together. Any reasonable offers welcome.
Thanx
Bill

Attachments

• 302-1.jpg
    302-1.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 95
  • 302-2.jpg
    302-2.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 114
  • 302-3.jpg
    302-3.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 95
  • intake.jpg
    intake.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 100
i am interested in the cam and the heads, if you don't mind parting it out. i do need to know if the cam and lifters would work in an earlier block that had a flat tappet cam. mach1coupe@yahoo.com

thanks,
ben m.

Not sure

Hey guys. I am not sure if I am going to part it out yet.
I am trying to get my garage cleaned out and really don't want any left overs.
I may try eBay to see if I get any interest. If I can't I will part it out.
Thanx
Bill

Back