Im ready to make some serious power!

bigjoe25

However, two major things consern me.
1. The head, I dont know where to get heads and a cam at.
2. Bottom half internals. How much power can the stock pistons and rods take? Where can I find aftermarket pistons/rods/crank, or even a stroker kit?

I searched and looked in the FAQ, and no luck, so anyone know?

There's people making over 430rwhp on stock internals, so don't worry about that. However, if you want to you can get the .020 overbore pistions from speedpro for our cars.

The only other heads you can really buy are the stiegemeyer's, but they are expensive. Just have them ported and big valves put in and you will be all set.

I recommend you getting a cam from "catwithboost" (username) aka Brian Solomon. Just pm him and ask him whatever you want about cams. :)

CMac89 said:
There's people making over 430rwhp on stock internals, so don't worry about that. However, if you want to you can get the .020 overbore pistions from speedpro for our cars.

The only other heads you can really buy are the stiegemeyer's, but they are expensive. Just have them ported and big valves put in and you will be all set.

I recommend you getting a cam from "catwithboost" (username) aka Brian Solomon. Just pm him and ask him whatever you want about cams. :)

Sounds pretty good I guess. I just hate the term "custom job" which usaly turns out to be big money. I think 400HP on stock internals will be just fine, as Im not looking for a dragster, just something to whoop up on the local rice. I do figure heads and cam will be a must. Ill contatc those people when I get a chance. I gota rebuild my rear end though, its making a strange clicking noise. I guess one to many hard launches ;)

Having somebody port the heads, reshape the exhaust ports, and put big valves in it is still cheaper than the Stiegemeyers and probably near as good too. Also, get a MP inlet plenum and a late model blower.

Just go to the "Top SCs" section of SCCoA and look at the mods that each of the cars have. That will give you a good idea of what is required to reach a given power level.

I think of forged pistons and stronger rods as good insurance. If you never make a tuning area, never have a fuel pressure regulator get stuck, never forget to switch programs on your chip when using nitrous, never have the throttle stick wide open, never have your fuel pump sucking air because the tank wasn't full enough...ect..ect, the stock bottom end will hold up fine.

But if you do any of the things I've mentioned above (I've done them all & more) your stock bottom end may be coming home from the track in a basket.

David

Back