SRT-4 80 to about 130

I'd say, you would have gotten beat hard by one. I don't think the one had nitrous, it was probably stock. Those things look like turds, but they move pretty damned good! I'm sure they could easily leave us behind from any speed. Simply because they're light and have plenty more power than a stock SC (Not sure how much, but I know it's more than 210/230).

Though, I'm sure it's quite possible that to a certain point at speed you could probably keep pace with one. I'm not entirely sure about that though, I don't know much about those cars.

that's exactly what i thought, maybe the person just didn't know how to drive??? *shrugs* anyone else? the reason i thought nitrous is because it wasn't he pulled on me a bit, it was he was farther back one second and WAY closer the next

-Darrel

fyi my car is a 94 auto

Maybe he gave you a jump and then closed it up to show you whats up. At those speeds his turbo is spooled. If he drops a gear and closes the wastegate.... good bye.

i see those SRT4's out my way sometimes, and i've seen them run hard. they are fast, but from what i've seen i wouldn't say seriously fast. the ones around here don't run that much faster than an SC imo. nice to hear their blow off valves though.

I raced an SRT-4 for about 30-80 a while back. He only pulled about a 1/2 a car on me. I was quite surprised. After that run I asked him to run from a dig, he wouldn't. Wonder why? :confused:

SRT-4 = 210 hp stock @14.00
245 stage one @13.60
270 stage two @13.00
310 stage three @12.70
360 stage three with race gas....... @12.30

The 05 srt4 is alot faster then the last two so yes the older ones are not that fast but the 05 do pretty good.

Stage one $800.00 with warenty
Stage two $1300.00 with warenty
Stage Three $3,700.00 no warenty

Plus cat back exaust $300.00

So for 20,000 for car and another 2,000 for performance. = low13 second car

Used Nice SC.....$3K
Stock...low 15s
stage 1.......fuel sys, exhaust, gears...$800.....mid 14s
Stage 2 .....s-port or magna port.......$1500......mid 13s
Stage 3......head work, valves & cam....$1500....mid to low 12s
Stage 4 ....50 shot NOS......................$600......mid to low 11s
Stage 5......Twin Screw......................$3K...........?
Total investment.....less than 20K

really tho...my stage 2 SC above will run with an SRT ...done it.
He added a 50 shot NOS to just keep up, still couldn't outrun me,
and the top end, he lost.........end of story
both cars ran on the track with DRs, and pulled nearly identical ETs.
Pretty cool guy tho, likes & respects the SC.

My CMRE below, it gives C-5s fits....( nearly runs with my 383 stroker El Camino) those times are old, 289rwhp/390rwtq
since then its put down 376 rwhp/510 rwtq can't wait to see what it will do at a low elevation track this year.

Last edited:
SCgraphics guy said:
since then its put down 376 rwhp/510 rwtq can't wait to see what it will do at a low elevation track this year.

Send your dyno chart in to Ron. You would have the 3rd highest horsepower and the highest torque of anyone.

OOPS! I already know that but , it doesn't qualify since I was spraying NO2 on the IC during that run.
Without the spray the best I've done is, like 349/440...still good #s but I'm waiting until I get it dynoed again on the 30th with a better tune.
It still woops lots of thing lined up against it on the track.
last weekend I had to give a Firehawk a full second on the tree, caught him & backed out before the end. ...fun race.

O-I agree the sc would be a cheaper build then the srt-4 Its just nice that someone is building an affordible street car. 20k for the car and another 5k to put it in the 12s with the factory warrenty. :eek: Nice I noticed that the prices on sports cars are close to the horse power. 20k=200hp/30k=300hp.
There are rumors floating around the the new camaro and TA will have 400+hp so i would say that they will cost around 38-45k.
If i was building a car just because of the bang for the buck i would build an all wheel drive car, the first gen. plym. laser or talon or eclipse. You could buey the car for 2-3k for a nice one.
stage one= (freemods and fuelpump and boost controller)= 13.5 @ $500.
stage two= (exaust, test pipe, weld center diff.)= 12.9 @ $500.
stage three=(20g turbo, injectors,upper & lower intercooler pipe, front mount intercooler, K&N intake)= 11.90 @ $2,500
stage four=
(shepperd tranny, act2,600 clutch, gm mass air and translator, short throw shifter, and ported heads o2 housing and sheetmetel intake)=11.00@ $2,500
And theres more.............
One my freinds has a 92 laser he has about 8k into the car including when he purchased for 4k. He runs low 11s with out spray.

evil srt-4's

i have a 90 xr7 its fast but my best friend has a 04 srt-4 stage 3 with a ported manifold and a big turbine upgrade, 675cc injectors, fuel managment, bigger intercooler, full exhaust, hes running between 24-28 pounds of boost hes running low 12s on 110 octane and slicks he needs 2 get his stage 2 cams adjusted but still respectable even know it looks like ****.
it gave me a new respect for it.

I lost to a Neon SRT4 Saturday. He ran a 12.45 and said his only mod was the factory upgrade turbo but didn't say which one. He claims to have dynoed 378 fwhp. I treed him pretty good though, and he didn't catch me until about the 1000' mark.

I lost to a Neon SRT4 Saturday. He ran a 12.45 and said his only mod was the factory upgrade turbo but didn't say which one. He claims to have dynoed 378 fwhp. I treed him pretty good though, and he didn't catch me until about the 1000' mark.

Sounds like a Mopar Stage 3. For him to pull those numbers he needs to run in High Octane Mode and run race gas. Even with that seems kinda high. Unless he did some porting to the Stage 3 turbo and is running a boost controller and other fuel mods.
These cars are spin city in 1st and second even with slicks. But once it hooks third and fourth are like hitting hyperspeed. :D Stock ones are boring.
Best daily driver I have ever had. Too bad they are like disposable dixie cups when their lifespan is over. :(

Last edited:
My black SC is 1 for 3 against a bone stock 2005 (at a race track) in the 1/4. His best pass was 14.3. I won all 3 races if we were racing 1/8th. At the time my SC was doing consistent 14.5's.

My black SC is 1 for 3 against a bone stock 2005 (at a race track) in the 1/4. His best pass was 14.3. I won all 3 races if we were racing 1/8th. At the time my SC was doing consistent 14.5's.

Nothing's worse then getting tracked down.
Nothing feels better then doing the tracking down.

Back