Electrical Stuff

Quick Cat 89

one day i was getting in my car and the interior light didnt come on but you could still turn the light switch knob and it would come on just not when the door was opened. i have installed an aftermarket viper security system though. the power mirrors and the keyless entry all quit working with the interior light at the same time. i have checked the fuses and they all look good. anybody else had the problem of keyless entry, power mirrors, and interior light to stop working at the same time??? any ideas?? ps. everything still worked after the security system was put on about 6 months before this problem so i dont think that has anything to do with it. :confused:

I am working on the same problems with my SC..... :(

Do you let your car sit for long periods of time (i.e. not your daily driver)?

I got an electrical manual and one of the first things they said to check were the ground connections, there are quite a few all over the car......

I have yet to do that to my SC because other things have come up.....

the-big-e said:
I am working on the same problems with my SC..... :(

Do you let your car sit for long periods of time (i.e. not your daily driver)?

I got an electrical manual and one of the first things they said to check were the ground connections, there are quite a few all over the car......

I have yet to do that to my SC because other things have come up.....

no its usually my daily driver..it sometimes doesn't get driven every day but it doesnt sit longer than two days. thanks for that information about ground connections...i hadnt thought to check that... do you know where exactly the ground connections are for those accessories?

There are about 10 pages of grounds in my trouble-shooting manual.........

I'm an electrical illiterate, but willing to learn....... :D

Does anybody out there have an extra trouble-shooting manual?

Quick Cat 89 said:
anybody else had the problem of keyless entry, power mirrors, and interior light to stop working at the same time???
They all are powered through the same 15 amp fuse under the dash. It's labelled INT LPS. The keyless entry appears under the 15 amp RUN fuse which is confusing.

Ford made a splice in the line that controlls the interior lights, and remote power mirrors. It usually comes apart in a few years. Open the drivers side door, remove the black plastic piece that covers the carpeting at the edge of the door next to the seat and remove the tape from the wires. The splice that you are looking for is near the front of the seat in the center of the wire bundle. As soon as you pull all the wires apart it will become apparent which wires need to be soldered. Use solder or it will just come apart again. I cant remember the color but green with a white line seems to ring a bell.

Good Luck
Todd

Back