Electric water pump question??

tim

I was looking thru the Summit Catalog ang they have a universal water pump drive kit for $90 in lists ford v8. Do the 3,8 and the 5.0 have the same bolt pattern on the water pump pulley? If so I am going to get one :) Thanks Tim

PM Randy Baker about this, he made a block off plate for Gary Kuhn and gary ran one on his SC. Gary or maybe XR-7 Dave can supply you with the part number they used on Gary's car. I think Randy may still have a template left for the plates.

I was just woundering about this today. I think I rember him selling the set up. I though someone said that it wasnt for a street car only race. I dont see why though Ive seen lot of cars with electric waterpump on the street.

Thats a nice setup but very involved. This is just a electric motor that mounts to a bracket with a belt to turn the water pump. It changes the pulley on the water pump. It has a listing for a v8 so I need to know if the 3.8 and the v8 have the same bolt pattern. I think it is but I am not sure. :eek:

Tim I showed you Sunday....

tim said:
Thats a nice setup but very involved. This is just a electric motor that mounts to a bracket with a belt to turn the water pump. It changes the pulley on the water pump. It has a listing for a v8 so I need to know if the 3.8 and the v8 have the same bolt pattern. I think it is but I am not sure. :eek:
THat is the same bolt pattern. The setup that I showed you will fit most any Ford engines......Give me a call if you need more info.....
These set up's will work on the street, I know as I have run this set up already. I even posted some pic's a while back........Rich

Rich I new it was a ford pattern on the one you showed me. I just want to make sure I get the right one. I found a real nice setup at Summit. May be a couple of more H.P. :D

So get it then

tim said:
Rich I new it was a ford pattern on the one you showed me. I just want to make sure I get the right one. I found a real nice setup at Summit. May be a couple of more H.P. :D
Bring it up and we will help you get it in the car... Is that new belt set up working for you now?? Did we get enought tension on it to keep it from slipping?? Let me know......Rich

see what I can do........

fastsc92 said:
can you refresh our memory Rich with new pics?? ;)
Looks like Tim is going to put a set up on his car. He might be bringing it up to me to get it done. If he does we will shoot some new pic's of the deal.. If this is not going to happen for a while then I will get that car out of the other barn and shoot some of it for you..
Let's see what Tim wants to do and then we can go from there. Either way we will get some new pic's for you guys..........Rich

Rich everything is fine with the new pulley set up. I had the exhaust fixed to day and now the car sounds nice and mellow. I will be ordering the water pump kit soon. I put a motorsport breather on the car and will see if that keeps the dip stick tube in. The parts guy at the dealer said the lighting guys are having the same problem. And when they put the motorsport oil filler on it cures the problem. I need to change the oxygen sensors on this thing the one is a stock length wire and the other is longer. Got any ideas on the brand and part number? I also will change the pkugs too. I have non platinum plugs in it now so they should be cheap. I just hope I dont find a plug all full of oil. Thanks for your and Scotts help again, well he really did all the work. :eek:

Back