E Brake Conversion

acb92sc

Is It Possible To Put A Sn95 E Brake Assembly Into My 89 Sc? I Am Looking For The Shorter Handle To Clear My Shifter Easier (big Hands Constantly Hitting My Knuckles) And Also So I Can Get The Billet Handle For It To Dress It Up Alittle.

And On A Side Note, Is The Replacement Rubber Around The Opening For The Handle Available From Anywhere?

The one on my 89 was all torn to pieces and stuff..but i managed to glue them all back into place to where at least it looked normal. Its sort of glued there from the factory so I HIGHLY doubt there are replacements just for that. If I recall correctly the actual rubber piece is sandwitched between the console and a thin piece of platic (not rubber) that is glued to the console....when this breaks the rubber stuff starts moving around and...well u know the rest. IF you really want to fix the problem, what i woudl end up doing is just getting another console top with the ebrake rubber cover intact...which might prove tricky to find.

acb92sc said:
Is It Possible To Put A Sn95 E Brake Assembly Into My 89 Sc? I Am Looking For The Shorter Handle To Clear My Shifter Easier (big Hands Constantly Hitting My Knuckles) And Also So I Can Get The Billet Handle For It To Dress It Up Alittle.

And On A Side Note, Is The Replacement Rubber Around The Opening For The Handle Available From Anywhere?
:rolleyes: Dude, are you using some special typing package or something, or are you really that good with the shift key?? When I read your posts, it makes my fingers hurt.. :rolleyes:

TbirdSCFan said:
:rolleyes: Dude, are you using some special typing package or something, or are you really that good with the shift key?? When I read your posts, it makes my fingers hurt.. :rolleyes:

IF YOU TYPE IN THE CAPS LOCK (WHICH MY COMPUTER AT WORK IS STUCK IN), THE FORUMS AUTOMATICALLY LEAVE THE FIRST LETTER IN CAPITAL AND CHANGE THE REST. SORRY ABOUT THE INCONVENIENCE. i could hold down the shift key and type so it come out like this...........

Back