MAF: C&L vs. Pro-M

rad_al_

I thought about getting a C&L maf for my 94 SC but a friend got one for a '93 Mustang & was not pleased with it at all. He said his wasn't calibrated very good. He recommended going with a Pro-M but now I'm not sure if I can get one... heard they're out of business. Anyone have any input on a C&L for an SC?

Last edited:
rad_al_ said:
I thought about getting a C&L maf for my 94 SC but a friend got one for a '93 Mustang & was not pleased with it at all. He said his wasn't calibrated very good. He recommended going with a Pro-M but now I'm not sure if I can get one... heard they're out of business. Anyone have any input on a C&L for an SC?

...C&L...many on here have them and have no problems,they are easy to recal,just change the tube color.......ProM is programmed or was programmed by the company so you had to return it to them for recal.......some say that the ProM was more precise but many of the top SC owners on here use the C&L......if I had to start over with my mods I would probably have stayed with C&L for convienance and ease of changes....hopefully ProM will get up and running again soon.

Pro-M is out of business last I heard.

C&L can be as good Pro-M. They just fake the engine computer out different ways. Pro-M uses different electronics and measures actual air density but maps it electroncially to what the engine computer would see if it's maf was really reading that info.

The C&L uses the stock electronics but modifes the air flow it will sense to cause it to read something it needs to read based on the fuel injectors you have to assure proper air/fuel ratio.

At least that's how I came to understand it. People have had positive an negative experiences with both types, usually due to either a defective part, or some other issue in their intake system.

Maf?

Love your Tall Blonde there, Al! <<<<<Yeah Baby!>>>>>>
Recently asked this question to parts man @ local dealership w/ Hi Perf. Experience. He explained to me that the Pro-M is much more compatible with the Ford Electronics. The C&L uses a fake-out "Sampling Tube" that you can change depending on your Injector Size. His experience is that many of the C&L's have problems with running rich and intermittent rough idling problems.
I know many people run the C&L's with no problems. To me, the Pro-M seems to be a much better built (and better looking) MAF than the C&L. It seems that the Pro-M has an easier linkage connection as well. Hopefully they will be available again soon!

Back