Installing OEM balancer with underdrives

Zero balance....

Zero balance is only for BHJ balancers. Just bolt on and run with stock balancer.

Don

So that then raises the question, if you can install a -0- balance pulley on a stock balancer, then why shouldn't you install a stock pulley on a BHJ? Answer me that.

When I bought the Ford balancer it came with a small weight welded to the inside of the pulley. Most likely the balancer was zero balanced and to get the stamped steel pulley balanced it needed a weight. The original balancer and pulley that came on the car had no weights on the pulley, either the pulley was perfect or they balanced the whole thing with the pins.

You would hate to break a crank with an improper setup though. I am running some Match underdrives and used the new crank pulley on my replacement Ford balancer. I don't know if it's right though.

Jerry

XR7 Dave said:
So that then raises the question, if you can install a -0- balance pulley on a stock balancer, then why shouldn't you install a stock pulley on a BHJ? Answer me that.

I think you could use the stock pulley, but would feel better if it was rebalanced first. Then again I have no idea where I would take it for balancing and how much it would cost.

To avoid all the hassel of doing that, it's just easier to get a set of underdrives and forget it.

David

Good, because tomorrow I install the new Ford balancer and my SCI underdrives

My balancer came out in 6 pieces, :(

Back