fuel pressure

pbdevastator

im sure this has been asked in the past but i really didn't find what i was looking for in the search. after installing a adjustable fuel pressure regulator, is there any way of testing it before you put the rest of the engine back together or setting the pressure before putting everything back on as it looks to be difficult to get to with everything on? hopefully its somethign simple that was done wrong here.

Yes...you can run a jumper wire to ground from the EEC test port (details shown in Haynes repair manual) to keep the fuel pump running when ignition is turned on. If the battery is strong enough (same voltage as when car is running) the fuel system can be leak tested and the fuel pressure can be set.

Set it to 39-40 psi, and it doesn't matter if vacuum line is off or on when adjusting because the motor isn't running.

David

38-40 psi but I would suggest retesting the pressure once the car is started and at idle with the FPR vacuum off.

Rich

what if you cant get pressure at all before putting bolt ons back on? thats what im worried about at this point sure its something simple that im not doing most likely.

pbdevastator said:
what if you cant get pressure at all before putting bolt ons back on? thats what im worried about at this point sure its something simple that im not doing most likely.

Is the fuel pump running ?

David

im going to assume so since there was fuel in teh fuel rail. there wasn't any in the rail before since i changed the injectors. i really hope its nothing with the fuel pump, the install of the new one was done exactly how it was suppose to be done and everything went smooth with that. hopefully its just the fact that there isn't enough voltage with just the ignition on and the car off.

Back