supercharger leak

debo92sc

i was checking my fluid yesterday and i noticed it was pretty low....so i decided to add some and it took almost a whole bottle of gm oil :confused: the blower only has about a 1000 miles on it so it is leaking pretty bad....if im not mistaken the blower comes apart right in the middle correct??? the little dip right in the middle of the blower is full of sc oil so i belive its leaking from there...where can i get a new seal to fix the problem????and how much time/labor is needed to reseal that....thanx for the help :cool:

its not the snout though its up more than that...the front of the supercharger and the rear bolt together in the middle??? at least that is where the oil is comming from. there was a small bead around the middle and there is like a little overflow thingy on top in the middle that was filled with oil too???

No seals are required to fix a leaking case. Remove the supercharger, drain the oil, then remove all the bolts that hold the case together. Seperate the case. There are three portions, the snout, the rotor pack and the main case.

Clean up and reseal the mating surfaces on both sides of the rotor pack with a thin coating of gray high temp RTV. Bolt it back together and tighten bolts to about 20 ft lbs. You can reinstall it, but allow it to dry overnight before adding the oil.

David

Last edited:
Snout leaking

JAFO said:
If the leak is coming from behind your pulley, up in there, this is the snout seal for that. I ordered from NAPA online, took a couple of weeks to come in. Haven't gotten to do it yet, so I don't know how difficult it is or much about how to do it.

http://www.napaonline.com/cgi-bin/n...tail.d2w/report?prrfnbr=28547186&prmenbr=5806

Jafo, I found your comments about a replaceable seal for the snout behind the pulley. It appears I have a small leak there as well, because of where the pooling is. I tried to follow your link to Napa online, but got an error. I know they regularly change the links. Could you post the part number you ordered, or a description so I can search for the seal as well? Thanks for the help.

Back