Need SC blower help!

SLP007

A while back I was posting up that I was having problems with my 95 SC. Alas, I'm still having problems.

Recap, Car runs fine when not in boost. Once in boost the car stumbles and falls on it's face. When I let off, and get back into vaccuum (sp?) the car resumes normal operation.

Things I've tried/replaced. The cam sensor, tps, plugs, wires. I used a scanner which threw codes for a malfunctioning cam sens and the tps but no others showed up. I've changed the plugs twice after searching the forums and seeing that as a possible cause. Boost still won't kick in. I've checked for leaks around the blower, intercooler...nothing. The only other thing I can think of would be a new MAF. But the really doesn't strike me as something that would cause this. This is my first car with a blower tho so I dunno....

Someone help me please! I need to fix this thing and get it out of here.
Anyone wanna trade a motorcycle for a 95SC 5 spd?

Sounds like an issue I had with cheap plugs. The flame was getting blown out under boost over 7 lbs. Just because there new doesn't mean there good.

Last edited:
SLP007 said:
A while back I was posting up that I was having problems with my 95 SC. Alas, I'm still having problems.

Recap, Car runs fine when not in boost. Once in boost the car stumbles and falls on it's face. When I let off, and get back into vaccuum (sp?) the car resumes normal operation.

Things I've tried/replaced. The cam sensor, tps, plugs, wires. I used a scanner which threw codes for a malfunctioning cam sens and the tps but no others showed up. I've changed the plugs twice after searching the forums and seeing that as a possible cause. Boost still won't kick in. I've checked for leaks around the blower, intercooler...nothing. The only other thing I can think of would be a new MAF. But the really doesn't strike me as something that would cause this. This is my first car with a blower tho so I dunno....

Someone help me please! I need to fix this thing and get it out of here.
Anyone wanna trade a motorcycle for a 95SC 5 spd?

When i got my SC, it was also my first car w/ a blower. The first problem i had was the 2 cylinders would just drop out and i'd be running on 4. that was the DIS module - i don't think that's your problem, but there are other things the DIS controls. the second problem i had was the same as yours, i'd get up to about 5 lbs of boost and it'd buck like a mofo. I put in autolite double platinum plugs and it was perfect....Then a month later it started to do it again, i was not happy. But i found out that this time the plugs were not the problem. this time the intake was leaking. The intake gasket was broken and leaking air so under a load, the engine doesn't get enough.
i would spray some carb cleaner somewhere near the bottom of the SC around all sides while the engine is on, if the idle changes, then you've found the problem, if it doesn't then go for the plugs first...

Back