Headers or no headers?

Porabowl

I was told that unless i do the "proper" intake work, i won't see any benefits from headers. I am planning on doing cold air intake with a larger MAF and just getting a pulley for the SC. i was planning on holding off on a throttle body for now....here's my question: with an new MAF, larger intake tube and cone filer, and a pulley; would i get more ponies from the headers or a throttle body? If i could find some headers for under $600 i'd probably get both headers and throttle body....
and what headers would be best for passing emissions? shorties or mid-length?

Porabowl said:
I was told that unless i do the "proper" intake work, i won't see any benefits from headers. I am planning on doing cold air intake with a larger MAF and just getting a pulley for the SC. i was planning on holding off on a throttle body for now....here's my question: with an new MAF, larger intake tube and cone filer, and a pulley; would i get more ponies from the headers or a throttle body? If i could find some headers for under $600 i'd probably get both headers and throttle body....
and what headers would be best for passing emissions? shorties or mid-length?

The only headers that are made for an SC are Kooks mid length. If I were you I wouldn't bother with the headers until your making more that 300 rwhp. Just port the manifolds out instead (mainly the collector). The manifolds are not the biggest restriction in the stock exhaust system, it's the resonator.

BTW, All that intake stuff won't do much until you get a ported blower and larger intake plenum.

David

Back