New Idle Problem

mlbuxbaum

hey all,
I now have a new idle problem. When I come to a stop, my oil pressure(gauge) drops to nothing and the car shudders. If I give it some gas, bring the rpm's slightly to 800 or so, the gauge goes back to normal and no shuddering. I checked the oil level and thats all fine. Any ideas on what needs to be replaced now??????

The oil pressure gauge basically just shows if the sending unit registers enough pressure to turn it on and off. The loss of rpm's is probably causing the sending unit to kick off. If you haven't had the engine mounts replaced, it sounds like that is the cause of the rpm drop when you come to a stop. There could be other causes for the poor idle condition, but most of them will throw a fault code (and probably kick the CEL on). If no codes are present in the EEC memory, I would take a look at the engine mounts....

mlbuxbaum said:
hey all,
I now have a new idle problem. When I come to a stop, my oil pressure(gauge) drops to nothing and the car shudders. If I give it some gas, bring the rpm's slightly to 800 or so, the gauge goes back to normal and no shuddering. I checked the oil level and thats all fine. Any ideas on what needs to be replaced now??????
HAVE YOU FOUND YOUR IDLE PROBLEM?

Back