replaced balancer and crankshaft sensor and the car wont start

tonysupercoupe

Hi Everyone,

I am really lost, I had the car running and it ran fine but it was making a noise so I assumed that it was the vanes of the balancer catching on the cranchaft sensor since it was coming from that area, I took it off and it was fine, whe I put the sensor back, the balancer took it out and I had to buy a new sensor and I had to modify the way the sensor was siting because in its initial position, it was sticking out too far.
I made it so that the sensor is in the right position and it is clearing the vanes, but now the engine wont start :mad: .
The only thing that I disconected was the crank sensor I did not touch any other connections, I do not understand what it could be, I cheked all the fuses, there is fuel coming, although I didn't check for spark, even if it was the spark could it be that the sensor is bad? Or could it be something else?
Please any help or suggestion would be apreciated.........

Thanks in advance.........

The crank sensor shouldn't need any modifacation to fit correctly. I'm pretty sure that has something to do with why the car isn't starting.

Did you buy it from Ford ? You are supposed to adjust the sensor and check for clearance using a matchbook cover, to make sure the vanes don't rub the sensor, before starting the motor.

David

Back