water injection?

scbird1

Well im not sure this is what the guy who owned the car before me had in mind but he had the washer bottle hooked up to the vac side so when you hit the squrters you were sending washer fluid into the motor. I found this before the rebuilt motor has gone in but funny none the less. :eek:

lol... thats how i had mine... but mines was connected to the butterfly valve... i would wonder why the water wouldnt squirt out... and then i found out it was connected to the bypass valve... thank god it didnt go into the engine... water cant be compressed...

darkstar_one said:
lol... thats how i had mine... but mines was connected to the butterfly valve... i would wonder why the water wouldnt squirt out... and then i found out it was connected to the bypass valve... thank god it didnt go into the engine... water cant be compressed...
Bah, until a few months ago i had a 1989 buick century custom. I beat the ever living snot out of this car, and it just kept running. One of my modifications was to el camino it, which was pretty sweet, i wish i had pics. But anyway another mod was i put a K&N cone on, and then chopped a hole right in the hood on top of the cone. And then i took a mailbox, and chopped it in 1/2 (if you were looking at it from the front i chopped right down the middle) and welded that onto the hood, kinda like a WRX hood scoop right over the hole. i drove it around like that for a couple years, i'm sure rain and all kinda of **** went right down through the scoop, into the cone and into the motor. Never had any motor problems. I finally brought the car to a junkyard when a tie rod end popped out. RIP buick

Back