Quick question

rzibilske77

hey guys I just installed a new p/s high pressure line, and am about to put in fluid. I have heard to put in type F tranny fluid, so my question is do put mostly p/s fluid and a lil tranny or ALL tranny fluid?

thx for any quick info

Robert

this shouldn't be a hard question ....lets get some input plez!
driving w/o fluid isn't cool :mad:

rzibilske77 said:
hey guys I just installed a new p/s high pressure line, and am about to put in fluid. I have heard to put in type F tranny fluid, so my question is do put mostly p/s fluid and a lil tranny or ALL tranny fluid?

thx for any quick info

Robert

Honestly I have never heard of people putting tranny fluid in ps pumps but that doesn't mean you cant or shouldn't. If it were me I would just put straight ps fluid in it.

Shane

Shane I read somewhere that it lowers the noise coming from the pump..maybe i am mistaken(very possible) lets get some more input & then i will go from there.

quick35th said:
Honestly I have never heard of people putting tranny fluid in ps pumps but that doesn't mean you cant or shouldn't. If it were me I would just put straight ps fluid in it.

Shane

Hmm I have done the same job that you discribed before and just put straight ps fluid in it and the pump made no noise or anything. I have not had any problems with it.

Shane

maybe i have one of autozones finest(pump) my pump has always been on the noisy side, but anyway thanks for the info..it is brand new too so well see how it goes with just p/s fluid.

quick35th said:
Hmm I have done the same job that you discribed before and just put straight ps fluid in it and the pump made no noise or anything. I have not had any problems with it.

Shane

Back