TC On Police Chase Show

Still Crusin

Some of you may have seen it before. Checked TC site and found it had been posted 3 yrs ago. But thought it was funny and hadn't seen it before.
Looked like a white 88TC being chased by a cop in a 5.0 Mustang. The funny part was the host talking about the "...220hp Thunderbird Turbo Coupe..." :eek: And the cop was yelling at the TC, while chasing him, over his loud speaker "Give it up buddy! I've got a 5.0...you're not going to outrun ME!"
The TC was taken for a joyride by some teenagers. That's first time I've ever noticed them talking a lot about the performance of the car being chased and the cop car.

yup seen it once but couldnt record it if i remeber rigth after the cop tells the 5.0 thing the TC starts to accelerate even more and to outrun the cop.

Yeah, i've seen it too. I was pissed b/c I wanted the TC to outrun the 5.0. The 5.0 was modded though. Overall it was really funny when he said "I've got a 5-oh buddy you can't outrun me."

HAHA, that one was on just a few weeks back, me and one of my buddies that are into cars were watching it. I was rooting for the TC to outrun the 5.slow :p

-Trey

I like how the host says the TC has over 225 HP!! LOL I doubt its moded and they come stock with 190....and I actually believe the Auto's were only rated at 150 BHP.

if the TC had a single tail-pipe on the pass side its a 160hp(can BARELY hit 115mph) auto(at the flywheel), and cop cars arent modded :rolleyes: , maybe one department with a few cars here and there, like a 1 in 500 chance, even a 5 speed TC would get its *** kicked. Im sure a SC would give give a 5.0 a good run on the top end, but in the city it would depend on the drivers and if the cop decides to chase him for a bit and see if he could handle it on his own :D

or was the auto pipe on the driver side, beats me, i only owned one for several years :confused: , I think it was drivers side :D

Last edited:
Cop Version SC?

This thread makes me bring up an interesting question..... I know that the Arizona Hiway Patrol ran SC's for a few years. Mainly because of their awesome top end with the long gears, and high HP. Does anyone know if their was a "Police Interceptor" version of a T-Bird SC? And if so, how was it different than a stock SC?
My guess is that the cops wanted one so bad, thay took a stocker, threw on their candy lights with an H.O. Alternator, painted it black and white, and said lets go get 'em. How many years were these in service, anybody know?
I think they probably killed them with the high desert temps. I can't see an SC living very long ;idling outside the donut shop in 110 degree temps with the AC on, as cops are prone to do.
>> Sure would like to see this cop with has bad five-point-OHhh try to pull over a new Ford GT!!
As the GT leaves the chopper in the dust! 190-200 MPH..
Looks like he's just pullin' away, Bob!!<<<<

most of the cop cars are modded in one way or another hence the police interceptor packages and why they are sought after cars.......i know a lot of cops on a personal level....unfortunately.....

I'm about finished with the restoration of my Arizona Highway Patrol Interceptor-and let me tell you this thing was "heavily modified" for use as an interceptor, including a lot of lightening in the interior-there's no back seat and no passenger seat up front-aluminum was used to make a finish panel that a lot of electrical and other equipment was attached to.

I'll be posting pics and specifics when the car is finished.

FYI-the Patrol Officer that used to drive my car has stated that he has been able to run down Corvettes, Ferraris and even a couple of Lambos with ease-and I have the videos to back those claims. Those will be posted soon :D

The early Arizona SCs were 100% stock used for testing in high heat.

The P71 "Interceptor" :confused: package does NOT make them fast, just do a search on what is included, the biggest "mod" is an upgraded computer(harder shifts, more timing, good for 5 hp?), then they add all the reinforcements and weigh them down, but take out carpeting, insulation behind the doors etc. No Vic will rundown(or even keep up) a Vette, even with a supercharger, they run low 14s with that 5000$ kit :rolleyes:. There is NO police interceptor longblock/engine :rolleyes:

http://statewideford.com/pdf/ohspecs.pdf

the 245?hp of Ferrari chasing glory

Last edited:
Once the car is finished, I'll prove it with pics and the write-up on the resto.

The car I was talking about was the SC-and it was NOT stock-will prove that as well

oh, you were talking about SCs :p , yea the SCs had stock drivetrain, they obviously had aftermarket wiring, yea they could keep up to older vettes(well back then they were new), or hang fairly close, they might of slapped on some stuff from factory to test things out, not like a high output blower or heads or anything. I always wondered what happend to those cars... TAKE PICS NOW DAMN IT, I wanna see :D

Back