Friendly Race Tonight In Calgary....

ss_scuba

Hmm...first night of Secret Street here in Calgary. The weather was nice, little cool after the sun went down, but it was a good time. Here's a shot of Dave's XR7 and Marty's SC lighting up the tires at the green light. I'll let you guys guess who won until Dave or Marty say otherwise.

IMG_0380.jpg

Scott,

Man you are fast on the post thing. It is 1:00am and I just got home after the track and some grub at BP's. I ran 3 tenths slower with a raised top and ported heads. :confused: Last year I did not have a problem with tire spin, tonight the back end of the car was actually bouncing as I was racing. I could feel the back end bobbing up and down a 1/4 of the way down the track and I have an automatic. I guess that would account for the slower times. As for the race in the above picture it was pretty close. :D I will be there again in a month when the track is a little warmer and I have my NPR front mount. I have a little black DSM I need to chew up and spit out. :)

I ran a 15.4 which SUCKS! I should be in the 14's because over the winter I had the heads ported and added a raised top. Before I did the heads and top I ran a 15.1 @89mph so I thought I would shave off a few tenths and run in the 14's but traction was an issue. I did pick up a few mph and managed to get just about 92 so with that I should hit 14's with some heat in the track.

If you guys look closely at the pic, you can see the reflection of the starting tree right? Well it was like that the entire length of the track. They didn't prep the track one bit. They never really do. For $25 to race I would hope they do. Oh well....it's the first Secret Street of the year, maybe this year it will get better with some of the bigger events happening over the next month or so.

I think the fastest run of the night was a low 12 sec. Some of the high hp cars were sideways at the 330 mark, and still spinning the tires at half track. So it should get better. Also, the weather cooled off which probably didn't help track conditions. Oh well...good numbers to start off the year with.

To tell you the truth about that pic, I'm surprised I got you guys with no brake lights on, launching, and with still with the staging lights totally on. I gotta get used to my camera some more and do some more of the picture taking stuff!

Last edited:
Back