Running a sneaky pete

daivd z

Would I have to get anything special to run a 50shot sneaky pete system? I have 36lb injectors but would the computer know it was getting the 50 shot and acomidate? its just a dry kit so no extra fuel is added or would i need a computer chip tune for it?

daivd z said:
Would I have to get anything special to run a 50shot sneaky pete system? I have 36lb injectors but would the computer know it was getting the 50 shot and acomidate? its just a dry kit so no extra fuel is added or would i need a computer chip tune for it?

You probilly will need a flip chip to richen up the mixture and take a little timing out. you can try it without but do so on a dyno with a wideband o2 sensor first!! also how many miles are on your engine? mine had over 100,000 see link

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59494

Ive used that system on a fuel injected car BUT id highly reccomend getting a kit for fuel injected vehicles..The right kit will take care of your fuel needs..And can easily be hidden as well:O)

Yes....the sneaky pete system doesn't adjust for fuel. If you get a dry kit for a FI car....don't matter the brand, it uses the fuel pressure regulator to increase the fuel pressure and add a little more fuel. Spend the extra 150 or so and get a zex kit, or NOS, NX ect..... and have much more power and tuning ability. I've had great results with my zex kit, but I also have a wideband to tune it properly. The published jet values for the kit doesn't really apply to our car or and forced induction car. I had to go richer for the fuel jets in order to get everything to work with an 11.8 a/f.

Back