ABS wheel sensors

92superJRK

Hey all:

I am having a hell of a time trying to find anyone who has a left front abs wheel sensor. I've placed orders three times on different auto parts websites, and every time my order was canceled. I also tryed calling the normal places like autozone, pb's, napa, etc., but they can't seem to get them either. I would try to get one off a parts car, but they are seemingly impossible to detach without destroying them.

If I can't get one, I guess the next logical step would be to take a shotgun and blow that God forsaken ABS light into oblivion. I can't stand it anymore....at night, you'd think the sun was coming up early that light is so bright!

Please help!
Thanks
John

Check the sellers forums. Most any of the sellers will have them and it will cost a lot less than retail.. Of course if the antilock light is bothering you and you don't care about if it works, unplug the ABS computer relay... thats it no more bother, no lights, no sensor problems. Just be sure its not the ABS pump motor relay as that will cause you to loose power brakes. :eek:

92superJRK said:
Hey all:

I am having a hell of a time trying to find anyone who has a left front abs wheel sensor. I've placed orders three times on different auto parts websites, and every time my order was canceled. I also tryed calling the normal places like autozone, pb's, napa, etc., but they can't seem to get them either. I would try to get one off a parts car, but they are seemingly impossible to detach without destroying them.

If I can't get one, I guess the next logical step would be to take a shotgun and blow that God forsaken ABS light into oblivion. I can't stand it anymore....at night, you'd think the sun was coming up early that light is so bright!

Please help!
Thanks
John

Have you tried:

www.rockauto.com
www.autopartsgiant.com
www.global4autoparts.com
www.autosupplyco.com
www.worldautopartsdirect.com
www.partsamerica.com
www.midwayautosupply.com
www.genuine-ford-parts.com - This is a Ford dealer north of Dallas TX that sells discounted parts. Their quoted price is less than most of the aftermarket ones. You can order and see if they can get it for you.

Good Luck,

David
95 SC
5-speed

ABS Sensors

92superJRK said:
Hey all:

Please help!
Thanks
John

Based on your info, you have a '92 SC, right? If so, that is what I have, except that mine is an AOD. My '92 only has rear ABS, so there would be no front sensors at all. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks

FLBlackBird said:
Based on your info, you have a '92 SC, right? If so, that is what I have, except that mine is an AOD. My '92 only has rear ABS, so there would be no front sensors at all. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks
No. All supercoupes were equipped with 4 wheel ABS. The rear wheels however operate in tandem. ;)

"Based on your info, you have a '92 SC, right? If so, that is what I have, except that mine is an AOD. My '92 only has rear ABS, so there would be no front sensors at all. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong."

If you have ABS it's 4 wheel ABS. Never heard of two wheel ABS on a SC. John

Light goes on!

TbirdSCFan said:
No. All supercoupes were equipped with 4 wheel ABS. The rear wheels however operate in tandem. ;)

Thank you. :D I did learn something new today about my car. Now I have to figure out why my front wheels lock up on hard braking. :confused:

Misleading info

If you have ABS it's 4 wheel ABS. Never heard of two wheel ABS on a SC. John[/QUOTE]

I hadn't either, til someone at one of the parts stores said it. That was their explanation as to why my front brakes still locked up on hard braking. I know that Ford had that on some of the trucks around the same year, so... Now I'll be back under the car looking for a new problem. :(

FLBlackBird said:
til someone at one of the parts stores said it. That was their explanation as to why my front brakes still locked up on hard braking.
Be careful with that. Many parts stores keep a full stock of bad advice. ;) ;) In some cases, its just bad, in other cases its complete crap.
FLBlackBird said:
Now I'll be back under the car looking for a new problem. :(
Check some things on the dash first before you get dusty such as if your brake and antilock lights come on when you first turn on the key; they should. Then, do they go out and do you have a good brake pedal. Do the lights then ever flash while you're driving around?

92superJRK said:
Hey all:

Thanks
John

If the anti-lock light stays on, that means that there is something wrong and the system shuts it down. The brakes work, but you have no anti-lock. That's probably why you have lockup on hard braking. The anti-lock is on all 4 wheels. The parts guy is wrong.

Good Luck,

David
'95 SC
5-speed
Please help!

I was hoping to post some good news here, but unfortunatley don't have any. I ordered the front abs wheel sensors for my 90 SC from Autopartsgiant.com about a week ago. Just got an e-mail saying I'm being credited for the price, so I guess they can't get tham anymore either... :mad:

sensor on the way....

I found someone who had a sensor on the Wanted to Buy section of the forum. 10$ shipped to my door. When I get it, I'll be sure to update on whether or not the abs light goes off. If not, the electrical tape is coming out.

~John

Back