Mustang Mach 1 Rear Diff ???

littleboylan

I have a friend of mine that is replacing the rear end on his Mach 1, and wanted to know If I could use it. So my question to you guys is, does these diffs work on our cars. He says its a 28 spline, I just dont know if it will, any help would be great, Thanks Mike

littleboylan said:
I have a friend of mine that is replacing the rear end on his Mach 1, and wanted to know If I could use it. So my question to you guys is, does these diffs work on our cars. He says its a 28 spline, I just dont know if it will, any help would be great, Thanks Mike

As far as I know, Mach 1's have a solid axle.

All the recent Ford 8.8 diff's are machined for the half-shaft clips. It'll work in the SC IRS, I've got a Mach 1 diff in mine.

Thanks

So it looks like that it will fit in our cars? I hope it will, Im getting this thing for a steal. It also has a 3.55 gear in it, but I am running a 5 speed SC. Currently I have 3.27s in my car now, but I think a 3.55 would be alright, seeing how I dont drive the car much anymore, and probably would not be taking it out on the highway very much either. More input would be great Thanks guys mike

I Have 3.55's Out Of A Mach I In My 5 Spd, And As Long As I Get Traction, Its Not Bad. I Usually Start In 2nd Unless Im Racing W/ My Slicks, Though

Back