which one to put in first????????

super89

do i need to put in the trans or the drive shaft first i am guessing drive shaft but how would i get it in the trans after it is in it looks likw it will be to long?

i dont have a pump to put my fluid in after the trans is in and the shifter hole looks like it would just collect in there so how did you people do it through the fill hole with no pump?

Last edited:
well, just super...except we can't get the new trans to go IN! Not sure exactly what the problem is but it goes up to about a half inch from being all the way in. We think that possibly when the clutch is being tightened down it's turning and ruining the alignment. So right now it's sitting in front of my Dad's house with a 5-speed under it but not in it. Hopefully tom. (Weds.) my brother will help my Dad and I to put it in for real. It's being a real PITA right now.

SCollord90 said:
well, just super...except we can't get the new trans to go IN! Not sure exactly what the problem is but it goes up to about a half inch from being all the way in. We think that possibly when the clutch is being tightened down it's turning and ruining the alignment. So right now it's sitting in front of my Dad's house with a 5-speed under it but not in it. Hopefully tom. (Weds.) my brother will help my Dad and I to put it in for real. It's being a real PITA right now.
Glad to hear you're almost done. How was it putting in the pedals? Was the AOD spacer plate the same as the 5 speed? Hopefully it goes smooth for you guys. I'm stumped :confused: . We put Chris' new 5 speed in about 20 minutes with 3 of us with no probs. Keep me updated. My swap is coming soon. Talk to ya later.

SCollord90 said:
Turn the crank pulley with a breaker bar as someone pushes in on the tranny. It helps to get it lined up. Are you using enough curse words? You need to use plenty. :D

Darkside said:
Turn the crank pulley with a breaker bar as someone pushes in on the tranny. It helps to get it lined up. Are you using enough curse words? You need to use plenty. :D

i got my car done and me and my freind slid mine right in it went great i also put in the new flywheel,clutch and plate,drive shaft(what a bitch),oil,oil filter, new trans fluid,new fuel filter, and bled my slave cylinder and now she works great better then she did before and see how i am 15 this was all a weekend project but it was fun!!!!!!!!!

I took out my shifter and poured the fluid down into the opening, then bolted the shifter back down to the trans.

Do you have a clutch alignment tool?

Scott Long said:
I took out my shifter and poured the fluid down into the opening, then bolted the shifter back down to the trans.

Do you have a clutch alignment tool?

thats how i got mine in. and yes i do have one.

When putting my AOD and engine back in, we struggled for about an hour to get the driveshaft in, and like you said, we only needed like an inch until it was in. The moment I crawled out from under the car, the whole thing just slid into place by itself. I just stood and stared at it for a while...

Back