Sunroof no worky

LightEMup

Its getting warm out and i want my sunroof to work, i took it to the dealership a while ago and they said it was the switch, and it worked for a while then stopped, i'm 99% sure its electrical, because the motor didn't show any signs of dying, and right b4 it died i'd have to mess with the switch to get it to move. It's not a factory switch, it looks like an aftermarket one. I know its not the fuse because my windows work. How do i get to the wiring from the switch to the sunroof to check the connections?

Nobody knows?? :( well....i supose i could take it back to the dealership and have them do another temporary fix for 250 dollars....DOH!!!

LightEMup said:
Nobody knows?? :( well....i supose i could take it back to the dealership and have them do another temporary fix for 250 dollars....DOH!!!
......the overhead switch?The cover has two small plastic tabs that hold it in place,use a small screwdriver to depress the tabs and remove the cover giving access to the switch itself......it isn't unusual for the switch to go bad,go to the local salvage yard and pull a replacement ..they aren't hard to find.
z

z90sc said:
......the overhead switch?The cover has two small plastic tabs that hold it in place,use a small screwdriver to depress the tabs and remove the cover giving access to the switch itself......it isn't unusual for the switch to go bad,go to the local salvage yard and pull a replacement ..they aren't hard to find.
z
ok, i have an aftermarket switch, ASC or somthin? the logo is that red circle with black lines thru it. so its possible. When i bring my car in to have a tranny swap i'll have the guy just take a peek at it

....I thought that I read somewhere a long time ago that ASC was the co. that made the sunroofs for Ford.....could be wrong though.....maybe someone else will chime in here.
z

Did you try to look at the connections at the electrical motor assembly (behind the sunroof)? I am pretty sure that the wiring from the switch has to go from the switch (in front of the sunroof) and then go to the electric motor assembly. It sounds like a broken wire. If you take the access panel down right above the center of the back seats, you will see the electrical motor assembly. Check continuity from the switch to the electrical motor assembly (same colored wires).

z90sc said:
...no,it just pops out,gently pry it loose.
that's what someone else told me....i don't see any pannel u pop off....anyone have pictures or a better description of where it is??

Yeah, I would think that you had an aftermarket headliner put in or something. In case you'd need a picture for reference, here you go. Notice the panel just aft of the sunroof.

Attachments

• Sunroof Access Panel for site.jpg
    Sunroof Access Panel for site.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 76
Well, that depends on where the motor is installed. If it's after market, I wouldn't really know. But, I am assuming that the installed the motor in the same location as the stock one. You will have to remove the headliner to get access.

Back