160MPH Teaser

MadRussian

I'm not going to go into any details just yet, but this is something I've been tinkering with.

Yes, it is functional, and yes it is accurate (currently 3% off from actual speed) which I doubt is different that the stock speedometer.

Obviously the faceplate is not final.

SpeedoTease001.jpg

SpeedoTease002.jpg

SpeedoTease004.jpg

SpeedoTease005.jpg

-Andrey

Ahhhhhhhhhh ...... my needle would barely move!

MadRussian said:
... it is functional, and yes it is accurate (currently 3% off from actual speed) which I doubt is different that the stock speedometer. Obviously the faceplate is not final.-Andrey
That reminds me of the TACH I bought for my '55-Ford when I was in high school. I got the tach at Warshawski's(J.C.Whitney now), and it went to like NINE GRAND!! It was AWESOME!! All of my buddies wanted to ride in the car with the tach that went to 9 THOUSAND RPM! So we loaded up and drove around the block. The tach barely moved. Everybody wanted to see the tach with the light and buzzer that went off when you hit 6 GRAND. I punched it at the next light and revved it out ..... nothing happened. What the heck, was it broke?? It took a while to dawn on us that the whopping 292 engine rarely turned over 2,00 rpm. :eek:

if you sell them i'd buy one if you could get the color to match better. it does look really cool though.

If I do decide to sell them there will not be a problem with color-matching. The faceplate in the pic is just a printout on white paper for testing.

-Andrey

WOW that is awesume!!!! If you do sell them I would deffinately buy more than just one. Looks very sweet!

Shane

and youll need to sell alot of these to keep the fuel gauge that high!!!!!!!!

definitely want one if they become available for sale.

I'm really interested now, my '93 speedo just crapped out. I also noticed that my cruise control is now dead also. So, will these speedo's allow for the opperation of cruise control? at 165? ha ha ha :D

Xr-7

Could I get one with an XR-7 instead of the T-bird symbol?
Also, weren't there 2 different colors of guages? Grey & Black?

68COUGAR

I like it, and would probably also get one! How is the speedo calibrating to the new speed "curve"? Can it just replace the stock 120mph speedo face, or will it be for 140mph speedos only? Looks awesome though, I need to get something that shows the SC is better than my Z28!! :p

Nick

I met the madrussian at the WFC in St Louis about a month an half ago.
I seen his speedo in his LX,it looked very nice.I ask him then if I could
buy one for my SC.I got an e-mail address & e-mailed him for shipping address
etc.He never got back with me.

Thanks Randy

Back