Potential Fuel Pressure Problem!!!

XxSlowpokexX

Ok guys....

After putting on my pulleys MY CAR STARTED HAVING A PROBLEM AT IDLE..iT WOULD HESITATE EVERY SO OFTEN AND DIE AT TIMES when I treid to take off.....

So today I added a fuel pressure gauge (and fixed a vacuum leak) Well 29-30psi at idle....

For some reason I recall that number shoudl be higher...In nuetral when I rev it it shoots up to 50 or 60 or so..I dont recall at the moment then dips down to under 30 (around 25) when I let off the throttle.

So is this a bad fuel pump or mayeb not enough voltage at idle....Going to check voltag esometime this week...Just wante dto run this by all of you

I thionk not a voltag eproblem being everything else works fine without dimming

Damon,

The Aeromotive remote mounted regulator on my 93 does the same thing. It only pulls 13-15 inches of vacuum at idle but the gauge reads 30 psi. If I give it a little throttle and and lower the vac signal it jumps up towards 40 psi. It just seems to be more sensitive to vacuum then any of the other regulators I've had.

My 91 with a stock regulator has 40 psi at idle...that's probably because I've only got about 4 inches of vacuum and I'm still using a stock return line.

David

I should change that pump anyway..It has almost 130,000 on it..I guess Ill see what happens then...errgghhh

I wish I knew what kind of pressure it was getting before this problem

Back