idle

SCedTBird

Ive been having idle problems with my car..... When i start my car after a nights rest it runs like the greatest thing for 2 mins... but after that the car idles weird its jumps up and down and sometimes even bogs down...
my engine also seems pretty hot... hotter than normal cars although the temp needle is right in the middle.... i recently changed the IAC thinking that was problem but still same thing.... a guy who recently redid my whole transmission also checked my tranny fluid and smelled it and asked me if i have been running the car hard of if it has been over heating... i really have no clue whats going on and ford isnt taking cars til next thursday.....

One theory could be your ECT sensor sending incorrect information to the EEC. That would also be a reason for running too hot. If the EEC is getting bad information, it won't be turning on the fans at the correct time, either.

Check the voltage across the ECT sensor when the motor is cold. Then check it when the needle is in the middle of the temp gauge and tell us what they read.

Dale

Back