Chesapeakes own, JLT "True Cold Air" to make induction system for supercoupes!

metalman

Chesapeakes own, JLT "True Cold Air" to make induction system for supercoupes!

I had contact JLT a few months ago about a kit for the SC's. He didn't have one, but wanted to make one. So today, he used my car as the test mule and mocked up a 3" Interior Diameter CAI for our cars. From my brief conversation with him today, there is no bend before the MAF. For comparison, the 2003 Cobra are seeing up to a 28 RWHP gain on the dyno! The pipes are not alumium, they are PVC. The thermal properties of PVC are not nearly as heat transferable as aluminum (Which is a vertual heat soak. So the cold air coming inside will stay cold.

He had a great back page write up in last months Mustang Mag. His CAI's are also painted and clearcoated to whatever color you want.

My car should be at the dyno in two weeks to measure the gains.

Here is his website. http://www.jlttruecoldair.com His website says "4 inch diameter pipes". We'll, unfortunately a 4 inch pipe will not physically fit in our cars. So he used 3".

When more info comes, I will be sure to post it.

Metalman

Think I may follow the thread on this and see how it goes. The statement about air temps coming off the pavement seems viable. Still though I like supporting the local guys.

Sorry for not responding until now. I was out of town for the weekend.
I'll be there about 3:20pm at DTP in Chesapeake.

:D I can't wait. I'm pretty excited!

Back