PDA

View Full Version : Timing the Camshaft Position Sensor

edspringer
04-18-2005, 09:03 AM
I just read a Ford service bulletin off of the ALLDATADIY website that says the #1 cylinder needs to be set at TDC when aligning the CPS. I thought it was 26 ATDC. That is what the Ford maintenance manual says. Anyone know the real jeopardy answer?

Ed Springer

90 Black XR7 5-speed: 70mm TB, Fresh Air Intake, '94 Supercharger, 5% SC Pulley, Raised SC Top, I/C Fan, UD Pulleys, 190 l/h Fuel Pump, 36# Injectors, Headers, Magnaflow Muffler (no cats) with stock resonators, 3:27 Gears, Ripper Shifter, 73mm CL MAF (Blue Tube), Magnacore Wires, NGK Iridium Plugs, Royal Purple Lubricants and Rear Spring Air Bags.

94 Red SC Auto: 70mm TB, Fresh Air Intake, Stock 90 SC Pulley, Raised SC Top, I/C Fan, 190 l/h Fuel Pump, 38# Injectors, Headers, Raven Muffler (no cats) with stock resonators, 3:73 Gears, 76mm CL MAF (Clear Tube), Magnacore Wires, NGK Iridium Plugs, Royal Purple Lubricants, TRANSGO Shift Kit, Pro-Torque 2500 Stall TC, Haydon Auxiliary Transmission Cooler, Tokico Struts & Shocks, American Racing 17 Sniper Wheels, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Tires and 235 RWHP with 315 LB-FT Torque.

SuperChicken89
04-18-2005, 12:21 PM
Ed... I set mine according to the Ford service manual. That was 26 degrees ATDC with the synchronizer tool. The location of 26 degrees ATDC is groove in the factory balancer. Make sure the engine is on the compression stroke and not 180 degrees out. If it is 180 out it will cause all kinds of problems. Worked out great for me... hope this helps you out.

Bryan