need help!!!(hit a tree)

super89

ok i just got my car done and was pulling it down the drive way and the rod that connects the clutch pedle poped of and my tiers started spinning and i did a 180 and nailed a tree now cant restart it is this a saftey feture and if so how do i fix it? and it smashed my bumper hood and pass. side fender which sucks. but i found replacements!

car

quick35th said:
Its on the driver side. Its has a little round red bottom you have to push down on.

Shane
If you think it is broken unplug it and jump the wires together with a paper clip.

Now practice turning off the ignition key, or throwing the trans into neutral, or slamming on the brakes. Any of which will come in handy if that ever happens to you again.

Mike8675309 said:
Now practice turning off the ignition key, or throwing the trans into neutral, or slamming on the brakes. Any of which will come in handy if that ever happens to you again.

it happend so fast and the tree was right there in front of me!

Now practice turning off the ignition key, or throwing the trans into neutral, or slamming on the brakes

2 out of 3 isn't bad.. .. Scratch option #2. ... That's never a pretty one.

Anthony

Not ragging, it's just that stuff always happens too fast. It's all about just practicing such things so they come natural when something happens fast.

I'd rather throw it in neutral than turn the key off. Too likely to lock the steering wheel. But in a pinch, either will at least give you a chance at gaining control. And assuming you don't have a pre93 with a failed ABS system, slamming on the brakes should bring you to a halt pretty well too.

I lost the clutch on my 1965 corvair when the clutch cable snapped. Ended up rolling through a red light when that happened and nearly piling into the left turn light. I got it into neutral just in time.

Back