Auto Swap

Foyilredneck

Just wondering if anyone has done a swap from a five speed to a aod? i have a 93 5 speed and love it but thanks to a bad knee need a auto :( I have acess to a whole parts car but was wondering what all i need to change? any help would be much appreciated thanks Billy

I know you need the computer, pedals(or at least delete the clutch pedal) and the tranny. If you'd trade me your 5 speed i'd take out my tranny and trade ya. You'd also need the rear gear because you have 2.73's or something like that and the Auto's have 3.27's. You'll need the center counsil cover too. :D I'd actually do a straight trade. I've just had the tranny flushed and filter changed and i have my truck that i can drive until i swapped. Of coarse it would be TOTALLY up to you. I have 100K miles on it. It just turned over. It shifts and works great. I'm sure your not even close to interested but i figured i'd throw it up as an option. ;)

Last edited:
Trade

Thanks for the info, as for the trade im wanting to keep all the 5 speed stuff for later intall back to stock. i wasnt sure if i could keep the 5 speed computer, and the car all ready has 3.27s in it.They are the best mod so far :D

Back