The Madness Continues With transmission Swap.

v8killr

I'm putting the tranny back together for the thrid time tonite and get to the point of putting all the fluid back in it and notesed the upper radiator hose dripping and think no big deal i'll tighten the clamp and that will be that..

In a perfect world that would be the case, but not in the friggn world of ""TRANNY FROM HELL""...This is the Trilogy series..
I go to tighten the clamp and it's as far as it was going without break'n off.
It wasn't real bad.But it became worse the longer i ran the car.Once i got the car full of transmission fluid the radiator was hot and going into the overflow.I could hear the car boiling in the can and steam came out of the hose that was leaking.I turned the car off but before i did i looked at the Temp gauge and it was fine.

It did this the other day when i had it apart for the ''second time" and i thought the thermostat was bad so i went to the local speed shop and picked up another one and replaced the " older one ".Which was baically new itself.Now i installed a transmission Cooler and don't have it running through radiator anymore but i wouldn't think that would cause this problem.The car has been sitting for a couple of months but i would drive it around a big block once every two weeks so everything else would be ok once i got the transmission replaced.

Oh and as far as the tranny.... it doing it's thing.
The wheels are still moving forward when the car should be in neutral so i don't know.I'm going to take it off the stands and take it on road check once i figure out the coolant problem.

And the programs continue..
David

Last edited:
Back