problems w/flowmaster force 2 kit....anyone?

blk93sc

weird sound coming from mufflers at high rpm!
The exhaust guys who did the job say its just the sound of the air going through the cat... but they must be on something because i've taken it to two other shops and both say that there is no way in hell that it should sound like that... One said it sounded like an import!! "high and tingy" flows should have more deap throaty sound to them..no?? i have from headers to one cat in place where res was... then conected staight to cat-back kit...
just wondering if anyone has ever had a problem with the kit...

I have Flowmaster force 2

Mine sounds more like a V8 than a 6
Deep tone sound mine is from stock cats back

I switched to Kooks headers and Big Dog setup but my old Flowmaster Force 2 was nice sounding

ok, the joker that I let do my exhaust told me that the two cats that i had would not fit... where the originals were. they could have been put on but would be hanging low.... which would scrape when lowered... so just wondering what aftermarket cats would fit... i had two Walker high flow... now i have a single walker high flow...
just another question... how do these cars like a straight system... like if I just took the cat out... and had straight pipe right from headers out??? i don't like to do it, but would be cheaper to just cut out the problem.... ???<>>???

I have a set of oval cats that fit really nicely in there
dont use the round ones they will scrape when lowered
My oval ones -which reside in my stack of car parts-
are catco highflos-I will reinstall them if I ever really have to
pass a legit emissions test
g/l
runs better without

Back