suicide hood

LostDreamer

Has anyone ever made a suicide hood for our SC's if so was it hard and how did you do it. I dont wanna buy a kit i would rather make one. help please

used the hindges off a Buick it wasent to hard to do just took some time figuring it all out
southjune200424.jpg

southjune200425.jpg

Sic sic sic!!

Brad, that's the sic'est SC I have seen yet!
Awesome!!
As a mechanical engineer I am always looking to do something totally different.
Your hood setup is off the wall.
Hopefully I will be able to make it to an event and see it in person sometime.
Shaweeet!
Bill

LostDreamer said:
thanks for the info brad but where can i find a buick hood hinge like that ive yet to see one at a junk yard.
what junkyard are you going to they are every where its a Buick Lesabre i think late 80's early 90's last time i went to the yard there must of been 10 of them
just so you know this is not a bolt on option there is some cutting and welding but overall was not that hard to do and I can give you some pointers if and when you decide to do it

thanks guys its not a high hp bird but i still have fun with it

Brad Klein
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostDreamer
thanks for the info brad but where can i find a buick hood hinge like that ive yet to see one at a junk yard.

what junkyard are you going to they are every where its a Buick Lesabre i think late 80's early 90's last time i went to the yard there must of been 10 of them
just so you know this is not a bolt on option there is some cutting and welding but overall was not that hard to do and I can give you some pointers if and when you decide to do it

thanks guys its not a high hp bird but i still have fun with it

Brad that looks so good!!! :D But remember that it takes lots of money to go fast and look good too. And most of us like me are poor, i havnt decieded which way i want to go yet.

Tyler

T@Sound-Xtreme said:
Brad that looks so good!!! :D But remember that it takes lots of money to go fast and look good too. And most of us like me are poor, i havnt decieded which way i want to go yet.

Tyler
its all in who you know i built this car on a budget
i tried to do both but it was to hard to do plus i couldnt keep up with all the new stuff coming out and im cheap :D i mean come on ive got all this work done have owned it for ten years one would think i would at least have a sc top on it :p
the main difference to look good you can do alot of the work yourself

Back